Chapter 4.

MANUSHI

"So, explain." Meena grinned as soon as I sat in the car.

"There's nothing to explain." I chuckled.

"Yesterday he said he would get his driver to pick me up from home, and bring me here. That's what Tommy did-"

"Wait, you're even on first name terms with the driver? We don't even know his last name!" Meena exclaimed.

"Really? Anyway, nothing much happened that would excite you." I shrugged.

"Really? Explain why you're wearing the CEO's jumper." She smirked.

"Oh my god Meena! Why are you like this?" I rolled my eyes. "You can't tell anyone but he got the news that the company is expanding to Dubai and New York. So him and Arjun popped a bottle of champagne, but it went all over his office and it drenched my jumper, so he gave me his to change in. Happy now?"

"I don't know what I'm more happy about. We're expanding, or you're in a relationship." She squealed.

"I'm not in a relationship." I rolled my eyes.

"Manni, trust me. He wants to be. Otherwise he would just be a moody ass like he always is to everyone. He was nice to me today. He's never even looked at me before. That's all you. All it took was for you to come into his life. He's already a changed man."

"After 2 days?" I chuckled.

"Manni!" She whined. "A woman can change a man in seconds."

"I suppose so." I mumbled and let out a yawn.

"Go to sleep." She laughed.

"We need to practise though."

"We'll practise after your nap. Come on." She forced me up the stairs.

I got into bed and tried to nap. But I couldn't.

He was on my mind.

I couldn't remember how long it took, but I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up, hours later. I checked my phone. 4:30. Well fuck, I'd even missed practise.

This is what happens when you love sleep too much. I got up, and went straight to the bathroom. I took of my makeup and walked into the shower.

I just have been just standing in there for about 15 minutes before I even washed my body. I heard Meena's voice screaming in my room.

"What do you want?" I exclaimed.

"Your friend is here!" She shouted.

My friend? I groaned and turned the shower off.

"Hurry up!" I heard her shout again.

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my towel around me, and walked out of the bathroom. I put my slippers on and made my way downstairs.

At the bottom of the stairs, I saw Virat, with his back turned to me. I knew it was him.

Fuck. What was I wearing infront of him? Oh god. I wanted to turn around and run back up the stairs, but he'd already heard my footsteps.

He slowly turned around, and his jaw dropped when he saw me. I didn't blame him. I was just wearing a towel that didn't even cover half of my thighs.

"Nush, I uh- Hey, uh-"

"Do you want me to go change?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, no definitely not." He quickly said, and then furrowed his eyebrows. "I didn't mean that, I meant, uh, never mind." He mumbled.

"You have 10 minutes before my dad comes back." I heard Meena shout from the top of the stairs.

I rolled my eyes.

"You left your jumper in my office." He said and handed me my jumper, which smelt amazing. "I washed it. I mean, I didn't wash it myself, but I got it dry cleaned."

"Thanks." I smiled at him. He looked down. "You're not normally shy."

"Well, uh, look at you." He mumbled.

"Makes sense." I laughed. "You're not shy when it comes to that, are you?" I asked again.

"No, not really." He smirked. "In fact I am very confident with my experience."

It was like he'd gained all of his lost confidence at the mention of sex.

Meena came running down the stairs. I hope she didn't hear that.

"Dad is 5 minutes away. Hug and kiss goodbye before he comes and slits Virat's throat." She quickly rushed out.

"Father that strict?" Virat asked. I sighed and nodded. "No problem. I'll see you later, Nush. We'll sort another meeting sometime." He smiled and stepped towards me.

He kissed my cheek, just like he did the other times.

"You smell beautiful." He whispered, still close to me. "And no, I'm not a weirdo like you. I could smell it from a mile away." He chuckled.

He reminded me of last night, when he caught me smelling his cologne.

"Sorry Virat, but you really need to leave. Mom isn't like dad, dad will kill you."

"I understand, Nush. Bye." He smiled and walked out.

"Nush." Meena squealed, making me laugh.

"Anyway, I'm going back to the shower." I said and walked up the stairs. But first, I lay on my bed and squealed like Meena did, but with a pillow to my face so she couldn't hear me.

Virat made me feel that way, and I didn't even know why. There was something for us, I just knew.