Chapter 3

The scorching sun rays beat upon my exposed legs and shoulders relentlessly, forcing beads to sweat to thread down my face. Carelessly tousling my hair around, I step out of the caravan and head inside the headquarter.

"Lucas, you need to hurry to the practice room. Your members are waiting for you," my manager, Min Sung advises.

"I just got off the plane, Min Sung-nim. I think I deserve a leeway for my tardiness," I clutch onto my luggage and complain, "I haven't even gotten a chance to drop off my things at the dorm."

"Yes but you see, with the preparations for your group's comeback, we really can't waste any time. Every second you waste-"

"You can be getting better," I cut him off, holding back the urge to roll my eyes, "I know, I know. I'm just exhausted and jet lagged so please, don't rush me."

We near the practice room when my eyes divert to a slim, fun sized girl who stood with her hip jutted to one side, her right arm draped over her chest, clasping the elbow opposite. She nodded to each word the director was saying, giving a small smile here and there. As I walked closer to her, my eyes widen, recalling the familiar facial features of the girl from the plane. 

"You? Again?" I half shriek, unable to hide my astonishment.

She turns around, trying to find the owner of the voice before her eyes meet mine. At first, she stares, scrunching her eyebrows, as if she's trying to decide whether she should acknowledge a stranger or if she should just ignore me.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" She asks, pursing her lips.

"I'm the 'condescending' and 'sexist' guy from the plane," I hiss; my anger gradually coming back at the reminder of the harsh words.

Her mouth gapes before she lets out a chuckle, "I see, we meet again Mr. Condescending and Sexist Guy. I'm gonna be blunt and just say that I don't have anything to say to you and I'm sorry, not really, but I'm going to have to cut the reunion short because I have somewhere to be right now."

"Hey, wait," I stride toward her but my long legs don't make it far enough before she pivots and heads inside the practice room with the director.

Irked by the feeling of defeat, I retreat to my manager before asking, "Who was that?"

"That must've been the new trainee that was recruited. Her name's Tessa I believe."

"Tessa," I softly mumble, "why do you have to be here out of all places?"

"She's a unique one, I'll say. Anyways, enough about her. We have to go, Lucas," Min Sung states, anxiously tapping his feet when he notices the time on his watch.

"Right," I take another glance at the practice room and sigh, "let's go, Min Sung."

A/N:

FINALLY UPDATED! Sorry for the infrequent updates but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. XOXO, til the next update :)