Chapter 5

"AHH," I shrieked and then ran to my left. I wasn't fast enough because this beast flew in front of me. It growled and then stalked toward me. I started backing up until my back was pressed against a tree.

"HELP!" I shouted. The wolf did a long howl and then sat, yes sat down in front of me.

I had seen those eyes before, but where?

"Lucas," I gasped. The wolf looked as if it were smiling!

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself.

Just then a black wolf descended from the trees. It was bigger than the brown wolf and was carrying a pair of shorts in its mouth. It went behind the trees and then out walked Jace.

"Shit," I muttered.

"Don't swear, Creia," he demanded and then the brown wolf stepped away from me.

For once in my entire life I had nothing to say. I mean what would be the appropriate thing to say right now? I'm glad you weren't lying you actually are a wolf; all this time I thought you were crazy.

"Wow, Creia for once you have nothing to say?" He asked and cocked one of his eyebrows.

"You're a wolf," I managed to choke out.

"Did you think I lied about that?" He laughed.

"No," I lied.

"Creia, were you trying to run away?" He asked and started to walk closer to me.

"Do you have to say my name in every sentence that comes out of your mouth?" I asked while rolling my eyes. I don't like the effect it had on me when he said it.

"Does it bother you, Creia?" He teased.

"You're insane," I mumbled and then walked around the tree I had been pressed against.

I strong hand grabbed hold of my wrist.

"Where are you going?" Jace asked.

"I told you I wanted to go for a walk," I stated.

"That's odd because Caleb, the guy I put in charge of watching you, told me that you ran out of house and into the woods," he accused.

"I wanted to go for a run," I stated.

"Well then why did you try to get into your car?" He asked.

"Fine Jace, yes I was trying to leave!" I shouted.

"That's what I thought," he growled.

"Then why didn't you just drag me back to the house instead of ask me all these questions! At the end of the day you don't care if I'm miserable, you don't care if I hate it here, and you don't care if I even love you, which I don't, all you care about is me being trapped in that bedroom with you so that I can make you feel complete. You are a delusional crazy dog!" I stated loud and clear.

"I care about you, your happiness, and it's impossible for a mate to be miserable when with their mate, I'm not delusional, you have feelings for me, and I only trap you in the bedroom so I don't lose you," he stated and he kept pulling me closer to him with each word he spoke.

"If you cared about me you would care that I don't like it here and I want to leave," I demanded.

"I care enough to know that when you open yourself up to me you will love me and you will be happy," he whispered.

"Open my emotions up or open my legs," I stated and then pushed him away from me. He doesn't fool me. He's the same as every other guy who has screwed me over in the past.