Arms

Molly shrugged her bag off in their living room. She pursed her lips. The couch looked like it would be terrible for her back. Can't complain though. They're taking me in.

John kissed her cheek and left. Sherlock collasped into his chair and watched Mrs. Hudson transform the couch into a bed.  

"Thank you for letting me stay here." Molly looked at her feet and kicked a piece of lint. Not that it went anywhere. Lint isn't like a rock. Molly was lucky it went a few centimeters.

Sherlock didn't even look up. "If we're lucky, he'll turn up here. That would make life easier by a mile."

"Sherlock!" Mrs. Hudson shot dagers at him with her eyes. He looked at Molly who was covering her face. 

Just as quickly her hands fell to her side, and she looked up. "Thank you, Sherlock. I know you are trying." Molly sat on the couch an gave him a quavering smile. "This case must be boring. All you have to do is wait around for him to slip up."

Sherlock looked away. "I didn't take this case because I thought it would be interesting." He picked up his violin and began to pluck. "Mrs. Hudson, some tea?"

"Of course, dear." She walked out, but not before stopping to pat Molly's shoulder. Molly smiled at her, feeling slightly comforted by Mrs. Hudson's good nature.

Molly waited a few seconds before asking, "Then why did you take the case?"

Sherlock stopped plucking abruptly and stared at her. "Because you are a friend." He stood and walked into the kitchen. "I wouldn't let you live in the fear that you are now."

Molly smiled at her knees. He didn't quite say it, but it was there behind the words. He cared.

---

Molly sat up immediately after the loud thump sounded from downstairs. Her breath quickened and she nearly began to cry. 

Just a few days ago, she had been perfectly fine. A tree could've fallen beside her window, and she would have just rolled over and gone back to sleep. Now the slightest of noises freaked her out.

She stood up and tip-toed into the the bathroom. They had a stange tub. At least it wasn't one she was used to. It was the type that wasn't attached to the walls and stood on little legs. Normally, the concept of these tubs scared her, and she would never just lay in one, but she was terrified. 

Loud noise, and the possibilty of her murderous father downstairs created special circumstances.

Molly drew the curtains around the tub, and curled into a ball. Her next task was quieting her breath. A loud breath would alert someone of her presence. What if one of the boys had to use the bathroom? Of course there is the obvious reason. If he is here, at least he won't be able to hear me.

Molly nearly gasped when she heard loud footsteps tread up the stairs. She closed her eyes tightly and willed them to go past the bathroom. 

The door opened. Molly pressed her head against the tub, hard. It was a way of expressing her terror, and punishing herself for hiding there of all places. 

She heard a zipper go down and sighed with relief, only to mentally punish herself immediately. Sighing was not the way to keep quiet. The zipper went right back up and the curtains were pulled from around the tub.

"Molly?" Sherlock's voice rang above her. Just like that she couldn't breath at all anymore. She had been so scared, and now she was so embarrassed. Hell, I'm still scared! Molly faced her head to the ground, and began to cry. She tried to keep it quiet, but she knew that he could probably still hear.

Suddenly his foot pushed against her leg as he stepped in, the rest of his body followed closely. Molly immediatley, without thinking buried her face in his chest. Sherlock stiffened, but slowly and carefully wrapped his arms around her.

If Molly had not been so upset, she would have laughed at his awkwardness, not that she had any room to talk. She nuzzeld him and stared intently at the black sweater he had worn to bed. He doesn't change before going to bed. It was nice to know something so personal about him.

Molly felt safe again. If she was sleeping, and her father came in, Sherlock would be here. Not in the next room. He would be right there where she needed him to be. She was where she needed to be.

In his arms.

---

"Oh my Lord!" Mrs. Hudson gasped as she opened the door to the bathroom. 

Sherlock didn't move. He was sleeping like the dead, and Molly didn't dare move. Not while she was feeling so close to him. 

Mrs. Hudson closed the door in a hurry. Molly could hear her explaining  to John what she had seen.

The door opened again and Johns voice called, "Come on. Get a room you two." John walked in and gave Sherlock's arm a shake. "Off to breakfast. Lestrade called. He wants to meet us at ten."

Author's rant:

Like? I tried to do a good job with this chapter, since I made ya'll wait so long. How did I do?

Comments? Questions? Concerns? I love hearing from you guys. Every comment you leave, makes my heart soar.