In the Tub (A Sherlolly Fanfic)

Molly bit her pen as she stared at her paperwork. It was hard to concentrate with Sherlock sitting so close. She could smell him. He smelled like soap. Maybe Old Spice?

It wasn't fair. He knew how she felt and yet he still did this to her.

"So, what are you working on?"

"These teeth don't make any sense." Sherlock grumbled angrily, not paying any attention to her. As he spoke, one of his curls fell on to the top of the microscope lens where he was examining the teeth.

Molly was the one who had called him in. She had been working on a murder victim, when she had opened his mouth to take a look, his teeth had fallen right out.

"Oh!" Sherlock whispered, almost as of in shock. "Oh! It's all so clear now!" He grabbed his coat and scarf before dashing out of the lab.

She looked down at her paperwork, blinking away tears. At least now she could concentrate. Don't be an idiot. Why should you be upset, He's made his position quite clear to you. He's not interested. He probably doesn't even care.

The tears came anyway.

---

Molly sighed as she finally got to work on leaving. It had been a late night. With Sherlock there all day, she hadn't been able to concentrate, so she had to work over time.

She decided it was alright though. At least, even if he didn't return her feelings, she could be near him.

She stowed her lab coat in her locker and stared at the lipstick on the top shelf.

It had been his Christmas present to her. "It will compliment your eyes, make your skin look less pale, and your lips fuller."

As much as Molly had wanted to be angry at him for that, she just couldn't muster up that fury. Instead she had laughed and said thank you. There had been a lot of thought into that gift. More than he had ever given before.

She couldn't bring herself to wear it though. She wanted to treasure it always.

She turned abrubtly when she heard a crash down the hall.

You should never, ever go towards  the creepy noises, Molly. She gritted her teeth in fear. It could be Sherlock though. Maybe he forgot something or has new information on his case or needs your help or. . .Something else crashed onto the floor.

She shook her head, hating herself for what she was about to do. "Sherlock? Is that you?"

She froze when all the noises stopped and no answer came. Molly closed her locker and practically ran to the lift.

Molly thought about calling 911, but all she had heard were a few crashes. It could be that new intern. But if that's the case I should go check on him or fire him or something! Molly looked behind as she pressed the button to the lift with a sense of urgency.

She hadn't felt this scared since the incident when she was fifteen.

Molly felt herself gasp when she heard footsteps coming her way. The lift door opened with a bing.

The footsteps seemed to start running.

Molly pressed the ground floor button multiple times. Because that's going to make it go quicker, Molly!

The footsteps rounded the corner just as the doors shut. Molly sagged against the wall. She looked at her hand and saw that she had been about to call Sherlock. I should call anyway. What if when I open the door, and the killer is on the other side. Molly laughed to herself. Killer? Just because you heard some noises and some footsteps doesn't mean that there is a killer in the building. You know what? I think I'll give John a ring.

 "Sherlock, stop shouting! I've got a call!"

"John, how can you not see it!"

Sherlock's voice came through. She smiled when she heard John slam a door.

"Hey, Molly. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, well no. A little scared that's all." Molly rushed out of the lift and building, struggling to get her keys out and hold the phone to her ear.

Hearing John so calm, and hearing Sherlock be, well, Sherlock made her feel better, and a little silly.

"What's the matter?" John asked, all traces of annoyance were leaving his tone, concern was starting to take its place.

"I heard some noises and footsteps as I was leaving. I was terrified that I'd be-"

Molly tripped at exactly the right second. A knife scratched through her sweater and scrapped her skin. A scream filled the night air. Is that me?

She hit the ground hard.

Whoever was attacking her fell as well from the force of the swipe.

Molly was smart enough to use that to her advantage. She ran, leaving all her possessions behind.

She felt a strange sense of pride for never wearing heels to work.

Her attacker was right behind her. She could hear his, or hers, raspy breath. Smoker?

A car turned the corner. It was just a taxi, but it was enough to save her life. Molly ran into the middle of the street.

Unfortunately it wasn't like the movies. The cab didn't have enough time to stop.

---

Sherlock glared angrily as John answered his phone as a way of ignoring him.

"John!"

"Sherlock, stop shouting! I've got a call!" John snapped as he started heading towards his room.

"John, how can you not see it?" The teeth didn't belong to the victim, so that meant this wasn't the first victim.

John gave him an annoyed look, then slammed the door.

Sherlock collapsed on his chair and huffed angrily. Why can't everybody see what I see?

Sherlock picked up his violin and began plucking. If this wasn't the killer's first victim. Then there is another body with no teeth or at least somebody else's teeth, which means-

John rushed out the door grabbing his coat on the way to the hall. "Sherlock! Hurry!"

Sherlock jumped up and grabbed his coat and scarf in one quick motion. "What is it?" He asked as they rushed down the stairs.

John still had his phone out and appeared to be calling Lestrade. "Molly."

Author's rant:

To clear up all the confusion (that I would not have noticed if not for my good friend Robin, I just don't think that way) no there will be no lemons or anything of the sort. This is a clean Sherlolly fanfiction.

Also I do not own the cover art. Or really any artwork. I suck at art.  Though it is what gave me an idea for one part of the story. . .

Claire L. S