14. Rotting [Edited]

Začít od začátku

I frowned a little. "Wednesday? I don't know if my mom-"

Aiden cut me off with a scoff and gave me a strange sideways look. "You're going to ask your mom if you can go? Just go."

"Aiden, I-"

"C'mon baby, it's gonna be fuckin' sick. Don is getting us a bunch of shit for the party as well, and Don always gets quality stuff."

There was an alarmed silence and I sat back from him a bit, giving him a startled look. "Are you... talking about drugs, Aiden?"

He looked at me as though the answer was obvious. "Cocaine, yeah," he said, bluntly. However, he must have noticed then my obvious discomfort and his face softened, reaching over to put his hand on my knee and giving me a sweeter smile. "Baby, it ain't nothin' girls and guys your age aren't doing already. Andy does it, so does Emily, Lisa and Idina and they're all fine, aren't they?"

I hesitated. I had given Billie Joe so much grief for his past tackle with drugs and here was my boyfriend (or at least I liked to think he was my boyfriend) telling me to do the same. How could I do them after all that I said before? What if he found out and told my mom? What if he turned it on me, calling me a hypocrite, turning my mother even more against me?

On the other hand, Aiden was right. Drugs was such a massive part of being young these days. If he was able to do it along with all of our friends, they mustn't be as bad as everyone made them out to be. Besides, it seemed as though taking them had become so natural to them that I didn't want to feel as though they couldn't invite me out anymore because I didn't touch them. I wanted to be around them. I wanted Aiden to like me.

I bit into my bottom lip and looked at him quizzically. Aiden gently gave my knee a squeeze. "It's going to be a great party, G. I want my girl to be there with me."

I spent another second considering it but it didn't take much for me to settle on a decision after that. I forced a smile and nodded. "Okay," I said, slowly. "I mean, I guess you have a point. I'll go."

Aiden seemed over the moon that I had agreed and he rambled on about how great the party was going to be and educated me a little on what to expect. From what he said about cocaine, it scared me more than excited me. He told me that it made his skin feel alive and that it made his brain "go to places you didn't know it could go to". That hardly sounded normal to me but I pretended that I found it intriguing and that I couldn't wait to try it for myself.

He dropped me off home later that day. He turned down the music in his car, as it was late and I didn't want anyone to hear me come back. More specifically, I didn't want Joey to see that Aiden's fancy Mercedes was parked outside and that I was getting out of it. We seemed to have a strange respect for each other that I made living with the Armstrongs a little more bearable and I didn't want to lose that just yet.

He kissed me goodbye and told me that he would pick me up from school tomorrow and that we would go grab some food, which sounded a lot nicer than snorting cocaine off Tobias' kitchen table.

I crept up the front drive and tried to unlock the front door was silently as possible, walking into the house and gently setting my keys on the hall table. I thought no one was awake in the house, as it seemed quiet and I let out a sigh and leaned against the door, closing my eyes. I stayed like that, deep in thought for a while until I heard someone say my name.

I opened my eyes and realised that my soon to be step father was standing at the living room door. I must have missed the dim lights of the television lighting the room up and I jumped when I seen him standing there before I glared at him and took off my jacket.

"What?" I asked him.

"Was that Aiden's car that dropped you off just now?"

I tutted and rolled my eyes, grabbing my keys from the desk to retreat back up the stairs. "I told you, I'm not going through this with you again, Billie. You're not my dad, fuck off."