044

And so it begins 

Everwood!!

________________________________

Everest walks beside Magnus. "Magnus," he called catching his attention. 

Magnus seems to already know the answer Everest was looking for because he smiles ever so softly with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "I'm okay. For now," he responded. 

Everest nods as they walk up the stairs to the training room, a large table sat in the front center. With a wave of Magnus' hand, items slowly begin to appear.  

Everest stands to the left side of the table, in between  Clary and Alec. "I pulled every item of magic importance from Ragnor's belongings," Magnus explains as Everest picked up a small dagger. Its halt was embedded with a language unfamiliar to Everest but it was interesting to look at. He rubbed his finger gently on it, feeling the words on it. Words that were probably curved many decades ago. "But I can't determine which will lead to the Book of the Whites."

"Wait, this bookmark," Clary spoke as she reaches over the table. "I've seen it before." 

"In the alternate dimension, you showed us a book of spells. That bookmark was in it," Everest explained. "Must have been the Book of the Whites." 

"If that's the case, we can track the bookmark to track the owner of the book," Alec said. 

Jace shrugged. "Okay," he said reaching out for it but Magnus took it first. 

Jace rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Warlock tracking is stronger," Magnus told him with a smirk plastered across his lips. Everest noted that he seems to like annoying Jace for the fun of it. Magnus closed his eyes, taking a deep breath in. 

Everest waited a moment, waiting for a reaction. 

Magnus' eyes snapped open, looking almost baffled. "What," Everest asked. 

"Well, there's good news and bad news," Magnus spoke. "The good news is I know the owner.The bad, It's Camille." 

"Camille?" Clary questioned. 

"Looks like Raphel has her locked up in the basement of Hotel Demort," Magnus said. 

"Well after I punched her, there's no way she'll help us," Clary breathed. 

"No, Clary." Everest breathed as he crossed his arms over his chest. "She wouldn't help because she's a conniving bitch," Everest said. 

"She won't have a chose," Jace spoke up, making both Fray's look up at him. "Trust me." 

Everest nodded as Jace walked away, sort of stunned with the idea that those words might have meant something more.

Everest watched as one by one they started to leave the room. Magnus gave him a look before following Clary which Everest almost rolled his eyes at.

Everest felt Alec's hand intertwine their hands making Everest glance up at the blue-eyed boy.  Alec had a small smile on his face as he eyes roamed Everest's face.  Everest turned towards him. "We'll figure it out," Everest said.