026

__________________________

Looking back and seeing the past for where you are standing, standing in a hurricane of crazy events that not only changed everything they ever knew but helped create new people in their place. Everest could say he was a different person then he was back when the only thing bad was getting up too early to go to his art school in queens. The only thing he had to worry about is missing his stop on the train or making it there late. But things have gotten harder then that, tougher then that and as the days keep counting, there is always something new and something different, not to mention unexpected to face. 

Its like his old life had wash away, leaving everyone he knew behind wondering where he had went and what had happened to Everest Fray. 

The shadow world happened.

The secrets his mother had kept and lies his mother had been feeding him and his sister have been the main reason why both him and his sister are standing in this world with barely anything to hold on too. He knew that even if they haven't went to that club and had witnessed the events that had happened there, it would have caught up to them anyways. He understood why his mother had hide them away and lied to them about who they truly were. He understood that his mother wanted them safe, to be raised in a less poisonous environment but there are somethings that cannot be kept from a person and the fact that his mother keep the twisted idea that the box hidden under the floorboard was his father made the truth all the more horrible. 

The brother he could have had and the child that she could have protected but instead left him with a man that was as poisonous as the venom flowing through a snake. A snake, that was what Valentine was. He became the predator he became as he hunted down those who he though were not meant to be walking among the people. He took his beliefs and made them his religion and Everest could only hope that his brother wasn't someone remotely close to who Valentine had become. 

Everest felt so wronged to have been kept such an huge secret from him. So wronged. He always knew he was missing something, someone. It was as if his mind was scattering at the thought and his heart breaking. It happened so often that Everest wouldn't get out of bed. He would just lay in his bed trying to figure out what the cause of his heart and mind feeling so heavy and he would search  and search his brain to find the answer he thought would settle him but now he has the answer and it only made it worst. 

It was as if your heart was yawning for something but you didn't know what and now that you know, you just want it even more. 

Everest wanted his brother, he wanted to meant him and wanted to know what he was like but the last time he wished for something similar, it blow up in his face. So here he was laying in room that Magnus didn't mind letting him stay in. He laid on the bed and its only been a half hour or so since Clary had told him everything that Luke had told her.  She didn't know how he would take the idea of having a twin brother somewhere but she knew she had to tell him because he deserved to know and Clary wasn't in the position to keep something like that from him.  

An half hour turned into many more hours of him staring at nothing but the designer wallpaper on Magnus' walls.

There was a knock at the bedroom door. Everest glanced at the door but didn't have the energy to answer it. 

It was like him to think so much, it drained him. A few seconds had passed as if the person on the other side was deciding something, Everest could feel it through the door.