Chapter 4: The Arrival

If there is one thing that I've learnt in life, and that is Non c'è inferno sulla terra, solo tu puoi farlo (There is no hell on earth, only you make it). I may have not been able to experience the full extent of my life, but I've seen adults go through it, with either ease or difficulty. My grandparents have told me many things about the hardships of life and I do understand what they were talking about, but I just haven't reached that point yet.

The only problem is that I'm just a teenager and I also go through many emotional obstacles. I do get affected by it, obviously, but I have to deal with it. I've gone through many turns and ups and down in my life - it honesty made me feel weak, breakable, easy to control...

I told myself... fuck it all.

I was tired of being this sad, breakable child. Always being weaker - never getting stronger! So, that's what I did!

I started going down my own path - never caring about other's feelings or emotions. I've become my own fortress, my own base to control. I was a heavily fortified human being, but there is a negative effect about feeling nothing, and that is the separation of people.

It didn't really affect me because once you've lost the feelings and interests of others, but still keep a strong composure, you'll become a wall of steel. This routine went on for three years straight and I never worried about anyone.

But now, something is different...

I've never felt so much confusion in my life! Finding out that you haven't died from a stab to the chest by some knight and including the fact that I have to continue his so-called mission. Then, finding out that there is something lurking inside of me - some sort of beast! Like what the fuck!? How can I just believe that and continue with my life?

And that was until I woke up...

I was breathing heavily and my body was soaked in sweat. A few patches of my skin were burnt, but they weren't so serious for an injury. My vision was a complete blur; the ringing in my head was uncontrollable and caused me to cringe in pain. I could feel that my body was beginning to wake up - waking up from a deep coma if you ask me.

'Again... do I have to wake up like this every time?'

I lifted my hand and placed it on my forehead, but when my sight started becoming less blurry, I could see what my hand looked like... covered in blood!

'What...?'

I stared at my hand with confusion, taking in all of it's detail. Beneath the blood on my left hand, there was a strange marking that my skin was meshed into. It was a circle that faded into my lower wrist. This definitely wasn't a tattoo because the marking was made up of scars! I touched it gently, in case the scars were very sensitive, and felt along the borders of the marking. I could feel and see that the skin wasn't disturbed by any sharp object, but it looked as if my own skin did something... abnormal while I was out.

"What in the actual fresh hell?"

My vision came back to me and then I saw the environment that I was in. I was enclosed by dark cave walls!

"You've got to be kidding me! Are you serious right now?" Anger, with a slight percentage of panick, rose from my chest trying to evaluate the situation at hand. I placed my hands on the caved wall and tried to move some of the debris that was attached to the wall. There were some cracks in the wall, but it felt like lifting a ton of rocks onto a truck. The problem is that this wall could enclose, by that I mean squish, his entire body and that could lead to death.

Looking around the space I was in, I felt a rough movement against my back. I was able to move my hand backwards and feel what it was - it was loose rock! I shoke my body, to at least hear and feel that there were more loose rocks against my back. I could feel the unstable formation of rocks, so while pushing against the wall with my back, I lifted my feet and placed them on the wall. I kept on pushing and pushing, even with the pain in my back.