Chapter 2: Soul of the Forgotten

I walked into the spare bedroom and checked on the heater if it was left on by my grandpa or grandma, but there wasn't even a change in room temperature when I got there!

"Seriously, what is making this house heat up or is it just me?"

I walked into my grandparents room to check if their smaller heater was left on. Still there was no sign of change!

"Maybe it's just me with this leather top and jeans that I'm wearing. I'll just go and down some more water, maybe that'll help or maybe some ice-cream."

To be honest, I don't get affected by the heat that easily, even with jeans, long tops and leather jackets. It's something that I've gotten use too over the years.

I quickly ran to the kitchen and poured myself a large glass of water and then downed it completely. It felt very refreshing, but it wasn't enough to cool down my heated body temperature. So I poured another large glass of water and started walking to the lounge.

"My mind must be playing tricks on me or I probably have a fever, but I still feel fine except for my boiling body temperature."

When I was by the entrance to the lounge, something definitely was right. Now, it felt like there was someone in the room with me!

My eyes were shooting glances everywhere in the room because it was getting very tense.

"If anyone is in my house, you can get out and go and fuck yourself!" I yelled.

Still nobody was here, still the unknown presence. I cautiously walked to the couch and sat down slowly. I can say it over and over again... something isn't right.

My eye's drifted towards the stone that was still on the side table. "If this is some sort of a cursed stone, then I don't know how my grandparents got thus far!"

I reached out and grabbed the stone.

"Just what the hell is going on? If this stone is causing the house to boil then i might as well throw it away or dunk it in some water..."

Then, the stone did something I didn't expect. It burnt me!

"Agh, son of a bitch!" I cursed out loud and then dropped the stone.

"Damn it damn it damn it damn it!" I look at my now burnt hand and I could see that the skin started forming blisters and damaged skin. Still it was getting worse!

I stared, with a shocked expression, at the stone that was no glowing a bright red. It was getting brighter, and brighter, and brighter until...

It blew up...

"Shi..."

From outside the house, flames were consuming everything from the roof to the floor. The vegetation that grew outside the house died on contact with the flames. Suddenly, all of the flames were dying down until they were all attracted to the spot where Xavier was. The house was already turned to ashes, but then the ashes started swirling around the spot where the house once stood. All of the ashes caused a large sphere to form until it started changing into the original house! Everything was where it use to be. The furniture, the walls, the roof, the windows, the vegetation, everything! Except for Xavier.

Burning... that was the last thing I felt.

Intense flame... the last thing I saw.

And the stone... the one thing that did this.

I could still feel the intense heat of the fire, but it feels numb as well. I don't feel the pain of heat either - just the numbness and... the flame? That doesn't make sense at all. How can I feel a flame when I'm numb? It does feel odd though because it's like my skin has a different feeling to it. It feels tingly with a few numb spots.