Chapter 3: An Awakening

I was so hot - boiling hot.

My body felt like it was on fire, but there was no pain like the last time. It almost felt... comforting. It's like taking a nice hot bath to soothe your body. That's what I was experiencing right now, but the only thing that's different is the other sensation of numbness.

'How many times am I going to feel like this? Every morning?' I thought with annoyance.

I open up my eye's and I was met with a bloodred sky. Large dark clouds were flying high in the sky, covering most area's, but red light still shone through it's gaps.

"I swear if I'm still in that hell hole, I'm not going to be a happy man!"

I pushed myself up onto my haunches and observed my surroundings. I was in, what seemed to be, a large meteorite crater... but my main attention was what was in the sky. It looked like the sun was in it's eclipse stage, but then why would the sky be red? I knew that this scenery was similar to how I woke up in that burnt-up forest, but over here the terrain included mountains and no form of life - not even the remains of what use to live here!

Standing up, I take in my surrounds and loosen the tension in my back muscles.

"Now, where am I?"

Suddenly, my eye's drift towards the centre of the crater. In the centre their was a little bonfire - with a sword jabbed into it. It controlled a red flaming, wild fire that danced slowly around the blade. The blade looked very familiar - the coiled structure, the four diagonal guards and the bare handle with no grip, but the only difference was the length of the entire blade. It was longer, but had more flame.

Walking towards the sword, I stare at the slow dancing flames - it was almost mesmerizing. I wanted to touch it...

"You will regret touching that sword..."

Suddenly, I was yanked from behind and was thrown a few feet away from the sword. I quickly push myself up onto knee's, but I didn't expect anything before I see the tip of a sword right in front of my face.

The tip was emitting strong heatwaves that were burning my skin. I stared at the tip and could see that it was almost in a molten stage. It looked like it was directly pulled out from a furnace.

I was as still as a rock - I wasn't stupid enough to make any sudden moves, even though there was a boiling - hot tip a few inches away from my face. My eyes move from the sword up towards the user - it was some sort of knight!

The knight had full body armour, but it didn't seem like heavy armour - I could see a small portion of the armour was missing and I could tell that the thickness of the armour was thin. This knight probably knew that having leighter armour would give it the advantage of mobility, but the disadvantage of physical resistance. The helmet design looked unique - the mouth guard looked like a skeletal structure of a skeleton's mouth and on top of the helmet, there were small pieces of metal that resembled flame. The entire armour set looked like it was emitting small embers - it reminded me of that other knight I saw in the forest.

"Are you done staring?" The knight asked with a deep, male voice.

"O-Oh... sorry. Are you going to kill me, now or later?" I stared at him without emotion - not even fear.

"Don't worry, you won't die. I'm just warning you to never touch that bonfire... ever!"

He removed the sword tip from my face and allowed me to stand up.

"What was the big deal? Why would you threaten someone to not touch a bonfire? Are you seriously worried that someone is going to get burnt..."

I couldn't continue until he grabbed me by the throat and lifted me off the ground - I felt like some sort of rag doll at the moment.