Look 'Em in the Eye, Aim No Higher

And also, your life is basically Hamilton now.
(Phillp's POV, 19 years later)
I'm a little nervous, but I can't show it. I gotta get to Pops.
   "Pops! You will not believe what that PAUL said about you and Mama!" I shouted, bursting into my Pops' quarters.
   "What?" He said, getting up from his seat.
   "And this is my very first duel!" I shuffled my feet. "They don't really cover this in school."
   "Where is this happening?" He asked, grabbing my shoulders to look me in the eye.
   "In Cloudberry Fields." I said.
   "Everything's legal in Cloudberry." My father and I say together.
   "Stand there like a man until Paul is in front of you. Then aim you pistol at the sky." He responds.
   "B-but if he shoots, I'm a goner." I shake in fear and worry for what my mother would feel.
   "He will not shoot, if he was is a man of honor." Pops drops a brass gun in my hand. "Take my gun. Make me proud, son."
"I will, Pops."

-In Cloudberry Fields-

"One, two, three, four, five, six seven-" I felt an extreme pain in my side. He fired.

-Play song NOW-

(Edd's POV)
"Where is my son?!" I ran into the small hospital.
"Mr. Gold, come in, they brought him in a half hour ago, he lost a lot of blood on the way in." The doctor rushed over to me and urged me in.
"Is. He. ALIVE?" I begged as we quickly walked through the corridors.
"Yes. The bullet entered above his hip and lodged into his right arm." The doctor explained.
"Can I see him PLEASE?" I pleaded for an answer from the doctor.
"I'm doing everything I can, but the wound was already infected when he arrived." The doctor let me into the room.
"Philip," I breathed his name.
"Pa. I did exactly as you said pa," he began to speak. "I held my head up high,"
"I know, I know," I murmured. "I know, I know. You did everything just right."
"Even before we got to ten," he whispered. "I was aiming for the sky."

(Your POV)
"I know, I know," you heard Edd coaxing Philip. "Save your strength and stay alive!"
   You burst through the door. "No!" You screamed in terror and anger.
   "Y/N!" Edd called as you ran to your weak son's side, your hair getting in your face.
"Is he breathing? Is he going to SURVIVE this?" You shouted, then looked up at Edd. "Edward, DID YOU KNOW?"
Philip grabbed your wrist. "MOM! I'm so sorry, for forgetting what you taught me,"
"My son," you engulfed Philip in a hug.
"We played piano." Philip smiled as he looked at you. Tears rolled down your face, dripping onto Philip's overcoat.
   "I taught you piano," you muttered, your voice was full of emotion.
   "You would put your hands on mine." He laughed softly, but was in extreme pain.
   "You changed the melody every time," you smiled at the faint memory.
   "I would always change the line." Philip's voice was full of pain that was unbearable to hear.
   "I know, I know," you whispered in a hushed voice. "I know, I know."
   "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf." You murmured.
   "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf." Philip repeated your words.
   "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf." You closed your eyes as you sang, only to hear a faint 'un, deux, trois..." from Philip.
   "Sept, huit, neuf." Your voice shook as you muttered the words.
   "Sept, huit." Your eyes widened in terror, and you let out a shrill, grief-stricken wail.