I Feel Alone

[Random side note: in this story your (and Tom's) parents are NOT a pineapple and a bowling ball. Plot.]

(Your POV)
You stare at the ashes left on the ground for one minute before turning away to organize your boxes.

You pick up the boxes for your bedroom and you walk down the carpeted hallway. You walk inside the empty F/C room and begin to blueprint the room with your eyes.

My bed will be right here...

Your train of thought is cut off when you hear a knock at the door.

I wonder who it is?

You walk through your small apartment to the door. You open the wooden door to reveal Edd.

"Oh! Hey Edd!" You say.

"Oh uhh...hey Y/N! We were wondering if you would like to watch a movie with us tonight!" He asks you. You thought you saw his cheeks dust light pink as he said that.

"Sure! What time?" You answer, brushing off the pink as the heat of the apartment complex.

"7:00!" He says, regaining his lost posture. "Oh and by the way, would you like some help with your boxes? I heard some struggles in here." He adds.

"Thanks, that would be helpful." You say. "And yeah, 7:00 sounds great!"

*After some shenanigans involving Edd and boxes...*

"Whew! That took a while." You say, looking at the finished room. "But we got it all finished, surprisingly."

The room had everything where you wanted it to be.

"And would you look at the time! 6:45! I'm gonna prep stuff at my house." Edd says, and you swear his face was a deeper, but not very visible shade of blush, but you still thought it was pretty hot in here. After all, you have been working for a while.

"Okay! I'll be over in a bit!" You say.

(Edd's POV)
Don't lose your cool Edd!!!

I walk out of the room, and I'm able to breathe again. Okay, I better make this a good time for Y/N!

*Some MORE shenanigans involving Edd and boxes...*

Okay...it's 6:55 and everything's ready! Perfect time for a cola break! I open the fridge and grab a can of cola. I take a sip of the sweet and fizzy goodness before hearing a knock at the door. It was (PLOT TWIST) Tom.

"Hey Tom!" I say.

"Hey Edd. Movie on for tonight?" Tom asks.

"Yep! Step on in!" I answer.

Tom walks in and makes himself at home. Shortly after came Matt, then
Y/N. I let her in and I sit down, patting a seat next to me to prompt her to take a seat.

The sky was dark so I turned the lights off and turned the movie on. It was a horror movie, so Y/N was clutching on to my arm and I was blushing like mad. Matt was watching us with a smirk on his face.

(Your POV)
I was clutching onto Edd's warm body, and to comfort me he awkwardly put his arm around me. Then I began to feel tired. I slowly drifted off into a peaceful sleep in Edd's lap.

(Edd's POV)
I was blushing tomato red, because
Y/N had fallen asleep in my lap. Matt was snapping pictures while Tom was 'eyeing' me carefully. After the movie ended, I picked up Y/N and carried her to her apartment. When I got there I laid her on her bed. I walked out of her apartment and just as I was about to enter my own I was stopped by Tom.

Oh no...does he know about my feelings for Y/N?

I try to avoid talking to Tom but he steps in front of me.

"Edd, don't try to avoid me. I know you have feelings for Y/N." Tom confronts me.

"I-uhh-don't know what you're talking about!" I say quickly.

"Edd. I see the way you look at her. You freeze up and stutter when she's around. You blush whenever you talk to her." He states.

"Okay, you caught me. I love Y/N very much. I want to be able to protect her and keep her away from harm." I confess to Tom.

"I just want you to know that..." He says, trailing off.

"Yes?" I prompt him.

"I love my sister more than myself. She is the best thing in my life. I will chose her happiness over mine any day, because it makes me happy to see her happy. It hurt me more than it hurt her when Tord broke her heart. That is why I'm afraid to let her be in another relationship. Our parents hated us and abused us. We finally escaped but we lived on the streets for a while. That's when you found us." He says as he tears up a little bit.

"Oh...I'm so sorry...I didn't know." I say sympathetically.

"We don't tell most people. But if you choose to ask her out, you have my word." He says.

"Thank you Tom." I thank him.

I enter my apartment and lay in my bed. I drop into a dark sleep.

(Your POV)
You wake up.

Where am I? Oh, right.

You walk into your kitchen and spot a pocketknife.

*SELF HARM WARNING*

Nobody will notice if I do just a few...

You pick up the sharp blade and slice the skin on your forearms. It doesn't hurt for a minute, but then it begins to sting. You like the pain.

It's what I deserve.

Then, their words came back to haunt you.

"Worthless!"

"Useless!"

"Kill yourself!"

"I hate you!"

I hate you.

I hate you.

The words rang in your head.

You slice the other forearm. The pain sears through your arm, but you ignore it.

Wait.

Would Edd want this?

No. They wouldn't want this.

Matt wouldn't want this.
Edd wouldn't want this.
Tom wouldn't want this.
But YOU did.

You put away the pocketknife and take some bandages. You wrap them around your forearm to conceal the cuts.

You roll your sweatshirt sleeves down.

*SELF HARM PART END*

I feel alone.