Coming Home

~One month later...~

(Edd's POV)
The doctors said we could take
Y/N home today! They said she might need assistance walking, but other than that she's fine.

I drive to the hospital. I was going to pick up Y/N, and take her home. I parked outside the white building and entered. I signed some papers and walked up the stairs and to her room. She was wearing a pastel green hospital dress. Some doctors were helping her stand and walk with balance. She was wobbling, but she regained her posture when she spotted me.

"Edd!" She smiled when I entered the room.

"Y/N," I responded. "Is she ready to go home?" I asked the doctors.

They nodded and they directed her feet towards me. "You may need to reteach her how to walk though." They said.

The female doctor gave her a small nudge. Her pastel green hospital dress moved with slight delay as she staggered towards me. Her stance faltered as she grabbed my shoulder for support. I held her up with my arms and she balanced again.

"Take care!" The doctors bid us goodbye. I hoisted Y/N up by swinging her arm around my shoulders.

We stumbled towards my car and through the parking lot. I helped her into the passengers seat and buckled her in. I shut the door and walked over to my side. I drove her home and carried her up the stairs. I set her down and we arrive at her apartment. She shakily opens the door. Tom and Matt were waiting for her.

(Your POV)
You opened the door with the strength you had and were greeted by Tom and Matt. They hugged you and you smiled. You missed hugs. It was kinda hard to give hugs when you're in a hospital bed, pretty much unable to move.

"Hey guys." You said weakly.

"Y/N!" Tom hugged you tighter.

"Tom...can't...breathe..." You stuttered.

"Oh sorry." He drops you, but Edd catches you.

"Tom! She needs to relearn how to do a lot of things, like, walk! And drive! And other things!" Edd scolds him.

"Oh yeah." Tom says. He helps you back up. You stagger for balance, using Tom as a pillar.

"We should get you to bed." Edd orders, steering you in the direction of your room. "The doctors said you've been up and trying to walk since five, and it's twelve."

"But I'm not-" You started.

"Nuh-uh-uh! The doctors said you need rest, you get rest!" Edd demands.

"Ugh, fine." You give up. Tom, Matt and Edd help you step for step towards your room.

Tom opens the door for you. You let go of the boys and stumble towards your bed. You manage to get there without falling. Edd helps you into bed and they turn out the light.

"Sleep well Y/N." Edd says as he closes the door. You smile before falling asleep.

- Time Skip to Edd's POV -

Y/N has been sleeping for two hours. I think she's awake now. I'm going to check on her.

I walk to her apartment and enter because she gave me a key. I make my way to her room, and silently open her door in case she was asleep. I peeked in the room and saw her, sitting up.

"Edd? Can we do some walking practice?" She asked quietly.

"Sure, if you want to." I respond.

I attempt to walk over to help her but she held out a hand to stop me.

"I want to try this time." She nodded at her own statement with determination.

She set her hands on the bed and pushed herself upward. She fell forward, but she luckily caught herself with a nightstand. She hoisted herself up and wobbled at bit. There was fear in her eyes and she was biting her lip.

"Uh Edd? I don't think I can do this anymore!" She frets.

"Don't worry. Just listen to me and you'll be okay." I assured her. "Okay, face your feet to me, then make your whole body turn."

She nodded and turned to face me. She stumbled a bit but caught herself. She looked at me for new instructions.

"Now, don't think about falling. Just think about balance and steps. Okay, place your right foot forward, and stick your arms out." I ordered.

She extended her arms out and breathed out. She took a step with her right foot. Her stance faltered and she waved her arms around in the air. She stole her balance back and stood.

"Okay, good, now just take a step with your other foot!" I encouraged.

She took a breath in and stepped forward. She staggered, but she quickly regained her balance and decided to be brave. She squinted her eyes shut and took a step with her right, then her left, repeat cycle. Soon she was walking fluently towards me.

"Y/N! You did it!" I cheered.

"I did?" She opened her eyes. "I did!"

"You did it!" I picked her up and smiled. "Soon you'll be walking like you used to!"

I set her down and her face was full of her old determination. "Can we try down this hallway?" She asked.

"Sure! Just remember: arms out, left right, balance and steps. Then we can try with no arms out if you want!" I suggested. She nodded and I walked to the end of the hall.

She breathed in and stuck her arms out. She stepped forward with her right foot, then the left foot. She made her way to me with ease and grabbed the doorway.

"Are you ready to try without arms out?" I asked.

She exhaled and nodded. She took a seat on her sofa for a minute and got back up.

"Okay, you're gonna try to walk over to the kitchen counter. I'll stand nearby to catch you if you fall, but try not to grab onto me." I instructed.

She takes in a deep breath and fumbles towards the counter. I assumed it was harder without her arms out, so I gave her that. She finally made it to the counter and she grabbed onto it.

"Wow! You didn't even try to grab me!" I congratulated her. "Good job!"

"Heh, thanks Edd." She says. "But...I have a request."

"Yes?" I prompted.

"...Canwehavecuddles?" She mutters.

"What?" I asked.

"Can we have cuddles?" She said, clearer.

"Of course Y/N." I said, smiling.

So we laid on her sofa and watched 'The Cats' for most of the day.