#10

After yesterday's session Trevor asked whether he should stay back. Well I really wanted my time alone so I said him to leave.

Now I am currently dressing up.

I have one more person with me in this mission now

***15 min later
I walk up to our office and the security is scared .
"Michael you okay" I ask him .
"Ma'am I am not. Boss is really angry " he says almost vibrating his while body.
Before I could ask anything else someone calls my name.
It was Mel so we walk to the lift.

"What happened. Why is everyone so scared " I ask worriedly. God did he get to know anything.

"Dude Tomas's some iPod got missing. And he has been yelling since morning. The whole office is under checking. " she says.
Fuck

"The cameras on the other hand is been hacked. I haven't said to Tomas  yet. Otherwise he would burst out again." She says worriedly.
Again fuck

We reach the floor.
"The main checking team is Marcus, Steve and Trevor " she says .
"Where are all of them " I ask immediately. I need to meet Trevor.

"Well Marcus is on the 4th floor, Steve on 5th and Trevor 6th" she says.

I nod.
"Well I will go and help" I say and run.

I take the stairs this time. If I wait for the lift I will die.

I run towards the sixth floor and find Trevor searching on one of the rooms. I run towards him. Hearing my footsteps he turn .
"You OK " he asks me concerned
I nod. No words are coming out of my mouth because of running from the 1st floor to the 6th.
I take long breaths.
"I know where is the IPod " I say.
"Where???! Before he gets it we Need to check it. With his tension and all I guess something important is there in it. Tell me where is it. God wht are u so quiet Kate " he starts continuously ask.

"Shut up. I am running and coming. " I say and take long breath.
"Fine Now tell " he says looking at me in hope.

"At my house" I say sheepishly .
His eyes widen.
"Yesterday......" He starts trailing of.
I nod.
"Fuck" he says.
Well I say that a lot

"Now what to do " we both says together.
And we both sigh.

"Trevor you go and take it from my house.I will distract Tomas  somehow. And when you reach home wait till it gets transferred to my laptop" I say.
He grabs his car keys and walk and stops.
"What will you say to him " he asks.
What will I say ???? Think

"I will say you went to the hospital in search of it" I say.

He nods after a while and runs

And I go to Tomas office.
When I open the door I find Marcus and Steve.
"Boss nothing was there in any rooms"
They say.
Well I forgot to close the door so it banged due go the wind. And the three men stare at me
Good job Kate. I am proud at your work

"Yes Kate " Tomas asks me.
I came here to inform that Trevor also couldn't find anything there and he went to the hospital to check. Yesterday you went . maybe you dropped there accidentally " I say thinking he would believe it.

"I haven't taken it outside. It was in the office. " he says and pulls his hair frustratingly.
I gulp.
Trevor where are you ???
He just left now you fool
Correct.
We three stand there in fear. Beachse  one thing about Tomas  is that if he gets angry . it is one hell of a experience.
And after getting to know that he is the kidnapper it increases his dangerousness.

Suddenly the door opens widely with a Trevor.
With a Trevor nice English by the way Kate
Urghhh my inner voice is so irritating.

"Tomas  you had accident left your iPod at the hospital" he says and before he can hand it to him
Tomas  out of nowhere ran to Trevor and took it. Well the best word to describe is snatch.

And with the look in his face we understood the indirect meaning. And did not stand there even a second and left.

Trevor had a look on his face telling that he wanted to seriously talk to me.
But suddenly something came on my head and I excused myself to the control room.

You might be guessing why ,well Mel had a serious accident a year ago during a mission and she is strictly advised by the doctor not to go for outdoor work for a year I mean don't go for missions. So Tom give her the head  position in control room. And she is even good at it.

I walk towards her .
"We got the iPod back " I say. And she smiles
"Thank god Now I can go and say him about the hacked cameras" .
I stop.
"Will you mind if I check. " I ask her..
"Not at all"
I go through the camera session and sees in one of the my foot is been seen.
Mel is looking but she hasn't seen that yet. I drop the USB from the cupboard.
"Sorry. Accidentally it fell.I will take it " I say.
"No I will" she says
I take this as an opportunity and and take the SD card of that particular footage and breaks it.

"It's was just a connection problem. " I say.
She makes her face in 'oh'

Sorry for lying to you Mel. I can't risk one more person's life in this .