..

We get to meet Wes's brother in this chapter :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I made my way through his room, walking slowly and tensing up just a little bit at each creak I heard after every other step I took.

The sound of a light being turned on in a nearby room caused me to freeze altogether. I felt excited and still a bit nervous at seeing Wes alone. Something about being with him at his house at this time was both dangerous and exciting. I wouldn't be doing anything like this with anyone else. But I trusted him, and I ignored every red flag because of it.

Without hesitating, I went through the short distance from Wes's room to the beige-walled hallway with led to two ways. Right led to a couple of rooms which I assumed were bedrooms and a staircase leading to an upstairs. Left led to a wider room which even though it was dark, I could tell it was large.

The shadow of what I assumed was Wes walked towards me quickly from the wide room, and I felt a strange feeling that told me to stand back. The heavy footsteps came closer, causing me grow increasingly nervous. This had to be Wes, I thought. So why was I so anxious, and why wasn't I saying a word?

"Who's there?" My blood ran cold at the sound of the unfamiliar, masculine voice. My throat tightened into a knot.

He came closer, now a few feet away. He sounded older, but not by too much. Just by the way he his voice boomed was enough to intimidate me.

"I-I'm Flora," I stuttered. He moved a little closer, the light from Wes's room revealing what he truly looked like.

I was right to be intimidated. He bared a striking resemblance to Wes, although everything about him was more severe. Instead of sandy blond hair, he had ebony black hair.