Chapter 4: New Perspective

ابدأ من البداية

The room had white walls all around and against the wall on my right was a bed with a black comforter with white designs on it. Against the wall on my left which was in front of the bed was a brown, wooden dresser. On the left side of the dresser was a walk-in closet that had lots of shelves and hanging space. The right side of the dresser was the door to my own bathroom.

I absolutely love it. I'm sure I'll add my own touch later but right now, it's perfect.

"Do you like it?" He asks.

"Yes! It's amazing, thank you so much, Brendon." I turn to give him a hug.

He seems surprised at first but he soon gives in and hugs me back.

We walk out of the room and he shuts the door. As we walk down the hallway, he shows me the different rooms and which ones are which. The door at the very end of the hallway is his office. The second door coming down the hallway is him and his wife's bedroom, and the first door is a guest room.

We go back downstairs to meet Jodie leaning against the wall on her phone. Once she sees us, she puts her phone in her pocket to meet our attention.

I look down at my stuff on the floor and scan it to make sure she got all of it from the truck.

"I'll show you the rest of the house. Come on," Brendon says excitedly.

He leads me and Jodie into the living room which had two gray couches, one long and one small. The long couch sat against the wall and the small couch sat adjacent to it. A flat screen TV hung on the wall in front. Sitting in front of the couches sat a brown coffee table with tv remotes and coasters on it.

Then, he leads us into the kitchen through the other doorway from the living room and shows us more of the house.

We walk back out into the living room, "I'll show you the outside. It's my favorite part of the house," Brendon says with his usual overly excited attitude.

He opens the sliding door and leads us outside. There was their own pool which had different pool floats floating in it. Then he shows us his studio where he makes his music.

We head back inside and all sit on the couches in the living room. Jodie and Brendon engage in their own conversation and I pretend I'm listening. They talk for a few minutes and then Jodie gets up.

"Well, I think it's time for me to go. Thank you for everything, Brendon." Jodie says.

"No problem. Thank you for bringing Brooklyn here," he says, also getting up from the couch.

I look up at Brendon and smile. Deciding this is the time for the goodbye, I get up, walk over to Jodie and give her a hug.

"Thank you for everything this past year. I owe you a lot," I whispered into her shoulder.

I didn't get emotional when I left my other foster homes, but this time was different. I couldn't help but feel a little sad that she was leaving. Jodie means a lot to me and she has helped me so much over the past year.

"You owe me nothing," Jodie replies while still hugging me.

We let go of our embrace and she heads for the door.She looks my stuff over, probably seeing if she brought in everything. Brendon opens the door for her and she starts walking out. Suddenly, she stops and quickly turns around.