Chapter 17

I swung my sword towards the dummy in front of me, loving how the sound of it slicing through the air sounded to my ears. It sounded like the harsh pitter patter of raindrops against a window. In fact, it was currently raining outside. With our access to food being cut off along with our only known exit, we were able to eat. Luke wanted to send a group out hunting in this terrible rainfall, but I declined it. Sandra had started calling me General since I was the only one so far that could wield a sword so efficiently as if my very soul knew how to fight with a sword already.

After Sandra had brought everyone to the armory, we had searched for somewhere that we could train. The apparition of the woman had showed up again and lead me to the training room. Everyone had been astonished that I had found it within only a few minutes, and it just so happened to be the first door I had found.

I swung my sword once again and this time another sword intercepted my swing towards the dummy. I glanced along the sword until it met up with a hand. I followed the hand up to the shoulder and then to the head. The person who had intercepted my blow was Luke who had a small smile playing on his lips while he watched my reaction.

"What are you doing, Luke? Are you trying to get me to change my mind about sending that hunting party out in this rain?" I asked as I stared at him sternly.

"No, I was hoping to train with you." Luke said his coy smile still on his lips.

"And what's the catch?" I sighed with annoyance.

"If I win, you agree to become my girlfriend again." Luke said staring at me more seriously now.

"And if I win?" I asked.

"Hmm...I'll be on extra hunting duties for the next two months." Luke said as he stared at me.

"Seems fair enough for me, though you could just ask if I want to be your girlfriend again." I said with a smile creeping onto my lips.

Luke chuckled before readying his sword. I sighed and readied my sword; my hair was already pulled back into a ponytail. Luke was the first to swing his sword. I backed up and narrowly missed being struck by the sword. I swung the sword sideways, and Luke blocked it. He pushed my sword back, causing me to stumble slightly. As I regained my balance, Luke swung his sword again. I barely blocked it as the force he put into the swing caused me to back up. Luke rushed at me, his sword swinging, before I could even counter after blocking him. I backed up and felt my back hit the wall. My eyes widened as he knocked my sword from my hands and placed his sword near my neck before smiling.

"I win, General April." Luke chuckled as he tossed his sword aside.

"So, it seems." I chuckled as he enclosed me in a hug.

His scent wreathed around me as he hugged me. I closed my eyes and hugged back. He released me from the hug which startled me at first until he looked at me with a smile.

"April, do you want to be my girlfriend again?" He asked.

Memories of the relationship we had surfaced and as my mind whirled around with all these old memories, a face kept popping in. His face and his scent broke the memories apart and brought the memories from my time with him to surface. His last words rattled my head as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I had no way of saving Alexander and it was a bit too soon to be evolved in another relationship only a few months after Alexander's death.

"April, if you're thinking about Alexander, I want you to know what he said when he thought he'd never see you again when we first landed here." Luke said as I looked up at him with a startled look.

"W-What did he say?" I asked, my voice sounding grief stricken and horse.

"He said, All I want for April is for her to be happy. Whether that's with me or you, Luke. She deserves nothing, but happiness. He wanted you to move forward and not look behind, April." Luke said as he hugged me once more.