Ch. eleven

The boy sat alone in a black room, staring down at his hands. A soft voice whispered out into the darkness.

"Someday we'll have a home of our own. A farm in the country with lots of animals. But only cute and non-smelly animals, if possible. And maybe some children. I like children."

As the voice trailed off, the darkness seemed to grow thicker.

"Someday we'll live in the city, in a penthouse apartment so far above the world everyone will look like ants and we'll be able to reach out of our windows and touch the clouds, catch the stars. We'll have a cat. No, two cats, so they won't be lonely when we've gone dancing all night."

The boy was nothing more than a pale figure as it grew darker still.

"You don't have to say it again. I know you love me, just like you know I love you. I know lots of things. I know you love me, and I know we'll be together forever, and I know we'll be each other's family for the rest of our lives."

The boy wasn't visible anymore, but a tiny spark of light could still be seen in the heavy blackness.

"Harry?"
"Harry?"
"Harry!"

The weather slipped into an early winter, and the charm was cool, but not cold. Harry didn't know what that meant, if it meant anything at all. Early morning sunlight glared off of the snow outside and onto the tracer globe he had set on the windowsill, obscuring any indicator that might be visible.

Watching a grey breath huff away, Harry resettled his jaw in his hand and stared out at the snow.

Six months gone.

Six months without Draco.

Grimmaud Place was more crowded, Hermione and Ron still bumping around the place and Charlie had moved in as well. He'd stormed home to the Burrow a few weeks previous.

Harry thought he'd never seen anyone that close to furious tears, but the red head refused to say what had happened.

Hermione seemed to know and looked at Charlie with sympathetic eyes. Ron said it was probably just some bird broke his heart and his brother would get over it soon enough.

After a few days of fighting with his parents, Charlie moved into Grimmaud Place , and though he looked peaceful enough, the air around him was still full of electricity.

Harry and Charlie spent most of their days in neutral orbit. They shared the same space without interacting, though more than once Harry thought Charlie was on the verge of saying something, but the other man never did.

Suddenly, the charm Harry had been holding in a loose grip, an action that had become habit over the past months, sent a painful chill through Harry's fingers. Draco was somewhere using magic and Harry was going to find him.

Shaking his hand, his fingers gone numb from the cold; he used the other to guide the tracking orb out of its place on the windowsill and into some shade so the signs would be easier to read.

A grey shadow drifted over the tracer orb Harry had arranged. A lock of Draco's hair was inside, and the shadow moved restlessly, growing and shrinking, finally settling over a small spot in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

He was there.

BLIND SIGHT - drarryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara