Chapter Twelve

* Loki's Point of View*

I saw the arrogant Tony Stark land and a robotic thing began taking off his armor. We glared at each other as we walked into his building.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," I snarled.

"Oh no I plan to threaten you," he asked walking behind a counter.

"You should have left your armor on for that," I replied venomously.

"Yeah it's seen a bit of mileage and you uh got the glow stick of destiny" he smirked, "would you like a drink," he offered casually. I laughed at this dumb mortal.

"Stalling me won't change anything," I said calmly.

"No, no threating," he corrected, "No drink you sure? I'm having one," he asked grabbing a bottle.

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that," I walked towards the window to see if Cassandra was with him. She is in danger if she fights with them. Why couldn't she just come with me? I could keep her safe. "What have I to fear," I asked coolly. Cassandra not being safe my mind answered my own question. I felt another current of power go through me getting rid of any thoughts of wanting to stop this.

"The Avengers," Stark replied nonchalantly. I turned to look at him both eyebrows raised. "It's what we call ourselves. Sorta like uh team. Earth's mightiest hero's thing," he explained pouring his drink.

"Yes I've met them," I smiled evilly. He smiled back.

"Yeah took us some traction to get the thing going. But, let's do a headcount here, your brother the great god of lightning, your sister with the skills of a warrior and newfound powers," I looked up at quickly, "aha you didn't know! Well anyways, pretty girl by the way no wonder the legendary super soldier who kinda lives up to the legend fell for her. A man with breath-taking anger management issues, and a couple master assassins, and YOU my friend have managed to piss off every single one of them," he ranted.

"That was the plan," I shrugged.

"Not a great plan," he commented walking around the counter, "when they come and they will, they'll come for you," he challenged.

"I have an army," I told him smartly.

"We have a Hulk," he competed.

"I thought the beast had wondered off," I asked cocking my head to the side.

"No see you're missing the point, there is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and MAYBE they're too much for us, but it's all on you. But if we can't save the world, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it," he said sipping his drink. I walked towards him.

"How will your friends have time to fight me when they will be too busy fighting you," I snarled tapping the center of his chest with my scepter. It didn't work, so I tried again. I kept trying and trying, but it still wouldn't work.

"This usually works," I commented confused.

"Well performance issues are not uncommon. One out of three-" I grabbed his neck and threw him. He can make anyone angry I swear.

*Tony's Point of View*

"Jarvis anytime now," I pleaded quietly getting up. Loki grabbed my neck again.

"You will all fall before me," he snarled into my ear.

"DEPLOY! DEPLOY," I yelled as Loki threw me out the window. I felt myself falling, but I heard my suit crashing out the window. I felt it soon wrap around my body. I was about to land on the ground when the thrusters kicked in and blew me upwards.