Chapter Ten

*Cassandra's Point of View*

I awoke still in Steve's arms. I decided it was time to wake up, there was no doubt in my mind that Loki was planning to strike soon. I wiggled out of Steven's grasp and opened the sack Sif had given me. I pulled out some tight black pants and a white shirt with a design on it. I heard Steve stir, he was so quiet I had forgotten he was there.

"What are you doing up," he asked.

"With Loki out of the prision and everything, I figured may as well be up so they don't have to wake me up," I shrugged. He nodded and went into the bathroom to get ready. I went to re-pull my hair, but then for the first time in a long time I let my curls flow free . He came out in his everyday attire and not his Captain America suit, like I have seen him in so many times, we left my room, and walked in silence to the cafeteria.

When we got there I almost walked back out crying. Our team was missing two people, Thor and Bruce, and our biggest supporter, Phil. Steve sensing my distress grabbed my hand and squeezed. We went and got our food and sat down. I ate very little just an apple and I had some water.

"Your hair is down," Tony noted.

"Mhmm," I replied.

"I like it," Steve said playing with a peice. A ghost of a smile was soon on my face, we looked at each other, he had the same look.

"Where is Miss Romanoff," I asked.

"In the medical ward, with Legolas," Tony answered. Steve and I shot him a confused look.

"Nevermind. Excuse me," I excused myself and got up and left the boys. I threw my trash away and walked in the corridor. I had no intention of going to the medical ward, one because whoever this Legolas was Miss Romanoff clearly wanted to be alone with him, and two, I wanted to be alone. I walked to a secluded place outside. I was playing with my dove necklace when it started to burn my fingers. I swore under my breath using a choice of words no princess should ever use. I saw a flash of light, out of the corner of my eye. I turned to face it when I found myself back in Asgard, the garden to be precise.

"It worked," I heard my neice Hel shout. I turned to face her with a smile on my face. "Aunt Cassy," she shouted again running into my arms. I smiled glad to see her again. We pulled away.

"My how you have grown," I remarked. She smirked.

"Cassandra," my father's voice boomed from behind me. I turned and looked at him. I realized I was wearing a dark blue dress with a dimond encrusted chest area.

"Father," I bowed my head. He lifted my chin, his usual hard facial expression was soft. "I would not be here if something was not wrong," I observed.

"My dear Cassandra, you have always been quick to pick things up," he said with a faint smile.

"Wait, how I have even been able to come here? I thought the tessaract was the only thing that could bring us back," I asked.

"This is a vision, a dream almost," he replied. I nodded for him to explain why I was 'here'. "Cassandra we made a mistake. The tessaract only can bring two of you back and, Loki is the prisoner," I knew what was coming next.

"And Thor is the next ruler. I understand you want me to stay on Earth," I concluded.

"You seem to have adapted to living their life, even found yourself a nice man," he remarked. I felt my face flush at the mention of Steven. He laughed a little. "What is his name," he asked.

"Steven Rogers," I answered.

"You two make a fine match," he said. "Cassandra, I want you to know that what Fandral did to you did not go unnoticed." I nodded solemnly. We then began talking about other things seeing how this is the last time in a long time I will talk to him.

*Steve's Point of View (while Cassandra's thingy)*

She got up and walked out. I went to follow her out, but Tony stopped me.

"Let her go cap. She obviously wants to be alone," he told me. I sat back down across from Tony. "You shouldn't have chose her," Tony said suddenly.

"What," I asked.

"Rogers after we take down her brother she is going to be going back to her palace in the realm of whatever," he said. He was right. She was the Asgardian princess and I was just a soldier. She had a kingdom to help rule. I can't keep pretending that we can be something. Leave it to me to choose the girl who will leave me. I was an idiot. I got up and stormed out of the cafeteria. I found myself on the upper level of the detention level, well levels.

"Why did I have to choose you," I asked absolutely no one. First Peggy, now Cassandra. I don't know what to do. Cassandra was perfect. I think- no I know I love her. I sighed. I heard someone come in on the lower level. It was Tony. He was looking at the spot where Phil died.

"Was he married," I asked jumping down.

"Uh...no. He was a chellist...I think," he said.

"Is this the first time you lost a soldier," I asked, at this Tony got really frustrated. He started ranting about how we weren't soldiers and how Loki hit us all where we live and he wondered why.

"To break us apart," I offered.

"Yeah, but Loki is a full tail diva he wants lights, a parade, a big sign with his name-," he stopped. I raised an eyebrow. "Son of a bitch," he exclaimed and walked out. Loki was targeting the Stark tower.

*Cassandra's Point of Veiw (still in dream like thing)*

"Goodbye Hel," I said hugging her. My home was vanishing before me. (back to real life btw) I awoke and stood up from where I was sitting. I walked inside and almost ran into Steven.

"Oh Steven I am so sorry," I apologized. He was in his Captain America outfit.

"It was my fault ma'am," he said almost formally.

"Steven, I asked you to call me Cassandra. Why the ma'am," I asked.

"Nevermind that ma'am. It's time to suit up," he ordered and walked away.

"Aye aye captain," I muttered walking into my room and changing into my armor.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Boom chapter. Hi Bye. Enjoy. Comment, vote, and a special thanks to hunter-in-thetardis. Give her a follow and read her excellent stories. She is really sweet and awesome!