Chapter Five

*Steve's Point of View*

I woke up with Cassandra still in my arms. I looked at the clock. 6:30 a.m., I was surprised that I had slept that long. Cassandra mumbled in her sleep and snuggled closer to me. I pushed an auburn curl out of her perfect face. I had only known Cassandra a day and I now believe I can get over Peggy. I look at her tranquil face and smiled. This looks like the first time she has slept in months. There was a knock at the door snapping me out of my daze and waking Cassandra. She looked at me and smiled. She mouthed 'bathroom' and I went in.

*Cassandra's Point of View*

After Steve went in the bathroom, I went and opened the door to reveal Miss Romanoff.

"Lady Romanoff, " I smiled. She smiled back well sort of.

"Please call me Natasha," she said.

"Well Natasha what can I help you with," I asked.

"Fury told me to tell you that breakfast is being served in the cafeteria," she said briefly.

"Oh thank you Natasha," I smiled and closed the door. "You can come out now," I called out towards the bathroom. Steve stepped out. I smiled charmingly.

"How did you sleep Steven," I asked.

He laughed, "the best I have in a long time Cassandra, " he finished. I smiled looking into his eyes that looked like the seas that held millions secrets.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to but why dont you sleep," he questioned. I sighed knowing that I would have to answer for it eventually.

"That is a story for another day Steven," I said. I gathered a light blue knee length dress and the same coloured belt and walked into the restroom. "Of course I could ask you the same question," I called.

"It's a long story," he sighed obviously not wanting to talk about it right now either. I walked out twisting my hair into a side braid. He looked up at me. "You look stunning," he smiled changing the subject.

"Thank you but do not change the subject. I have time for that long story after breakfast," I said getting up from beside him and held out my hands for him to grab. He grabbed one and stood up. We wandered down to the cafeteria hand in hand. Once we reached the cafeteria our hands dropped as I pushed the door open. Thor walked up to me.

"Morning Cassy," Thor greeted, "Mr. Rogers," he nodded in Steve's direction. Steve nodded back.

"Well if it isn't little sing song Cassandra Odinson," Stark sang as he walked into the cafeteria. Steve looked annoyed as did Thor. I on the other hand just rolled my eyes and went to go get food. I found some fruit and something called yogurt. I went and sat down next to Thor and across from Steve. Dr. Banner sat on the end of our table. I looked at Thor and he looked at me. I smiled and got up.

"Hello, I may not know many Midguardian customs but I do know that magnificent people shouldn't sit by themselves," I smiled down to Dr. Banner.

"And what makes me so magnificent? I mean Cap has his strength, Natasha has her skill set, you and your brothers are gods and a goddess for goodness sake, and Tony has his suit what is so special about me? My knowledge," he questioned me. I sat down.

"Your ability to understand and your heart. Something happened to you that you reget. You cannot change the past Dr. Banner but you can control the future and what you do in it. You may think keeping your distance will help but let us all face the unworldly truth, all of us mixed together, we are a time bomb waiting to be set off. So why not get to know us before we blow," I suggested. He smiled at me.

"How old are you if it isn't too personal," he asked. I laughed slightly.

"Here: I'm 25.
In Asgard, well it's quite a big number," I sighed, "will you please come sit with me Thor and Steve," I pleaded.

"Well how could I refuse royalty who sounds like she's 95 and not 25," we laughed and walked back over this time me sitting by Steve.

After a while of talking and Bruce explaining the workings of this world to us, most of which I was able to pick up on quickly, Tony plonked down next to me causing me to basically jump into Steve's lap. I had to stay right where I was due to the condensed space.

"Whatchya talkin' about," Tony asked curiously.

"Bruce was explaining what a CD was," Steve answered stiffly. Tony laughed and then began eating, like a pig I might add. I felt something slipped into my hand obviously from Steven since we had been holding hands under the table. I got up not only to see what it was but to throw my trash away. It was a folded peice of paper. I unfolded it and found it was a note.

It read:

'Meet me in the gym. Floor 4 room 29

-Steve'

I smiled and looked up and saw Steve had left but the boys were talking animaitedly about something. I grabbed an orange and walked out the door setting off begining what seemed like a good day. If I only knew what was going to happen.