Chapter 34: The Final Battle

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the last chapter. In case you skipped it, Sora got jealous... wonder why?

Chapter 34

Sora's POV

We marched on with a lot of hope and happiness and stepped through a door. We arrived at the place where it all started.

"Is this... is this our Islands?" I asked.

"I'm afarid so..." we all looked at her. Her face was blank and unreadable. I, however, felt something from her- hurt. Before I could ask her, we heard a voice- same one I heard from the Secret Cave back at Destiny Islands.

"This world is connected." It was Ansem.

"What was that?" Goofy asked.

"Tied to the darkness... soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so much to learn. You understand so little."where the ocean was, it purplish-black instead of the color of the ocean. "A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can only understand nothing." Ansem said and I saw him. There was a huge blast of darkness and it made it hard to see. Piri groaned in pain and Goofy shielded her. We suddenly heard Riku scream.

"NO, NOT THIS AGAIN!" I could see anything but he was in danger, judging by his voice.

"Riku!" Piri and I said in unison. The darkness faded and instead of Ansem.

"Riku?" Piri asked. He turned around with his eyes closed and opened them. Instead of cyan, they were yellow. Piri eye's flashed with rage as they turned red. Ansem scoffed.

"Don't bother." Ansem was controlling him again. That's when Riku's image faded and was replaced with Ansem, "Your voices can no longer reach him where he is. Not even you can save him, princess." she growled at this.

"Well, I saved him once," she summoned her keyblade and pointed it at him, "Why the hell do you think I can't do it again?"

"His heart belongs yet again to darkness." I gasped and growled at him. "All worlds begin in darkness, and also end. The human heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within in it. It grows and consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came. You see, darkness is the heart's true essence."

"That's a lie, Xehanort, and you know it!" Piri shouted and he smugly and wickedly smiled.

"The heart may be weak and sometimes it may give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!" Sora said. Ansem levitated off the ground and hovered.

"You have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart ready to darkness!" his guardian appeared behind him. We managed to beat him, but it was far from over. He flew back into the brush. Piri was the first to charge after him and a barrier separated us.

"Piri!" I yelled and she turned around.

"Sora, I'll be fine!" she said, determined. "I'll free Riku again, watch."

"You sounded so sure of yourself, princess." he disappeared and in his place was her darkside.

"Miss me?" she smirked and Piri growled. "Hey, take it easy! It's not like I'm trapping your pet."