Chapter 22: The Balance

Chapter 22

I never thought there would be people besides us interested in other worlds. She explained everything in her secret grotto was found from the land above the sea.

"Look at these wonderful things me and Flounder collected. I think it's from other worlds." to anyone, it was a collection of random objects, but I knew to Ariel, these were treasures. "Someday, I'm going to see what's out there. I wanna see other worlds. Does that sound strange?" she asked.

"No, not really." Sora said, "We wanted to, too. Right, sis?"

"Yeah, along with two other friends."

"Hey, let's find that keyhole you guys were talking about."

"What about your dad?" I asked.

"He treats me like a little girl. He never wants me to do anything. He just... doesn't understand."

We left Ariel's grotto to look for the keyhole. She told us that there was a place full of sunken treasure was worth checking out.

When we got in, I noticed a small chest near a window. Amara was wrapped around my arm. I opened the chest and it had a crystal shaped like a trident.

'That's the shape from Ariel's grotto!' I thought to myself as I picked it up. I looked out the window and saw a shark swimming this way.

"Piri, Amara, look out!" Ariel shouted. The shark busted through and I managed to swim backwards, with Amara clinging to me, to get away before getting chomped. It got close again and my back hit the wall. We were cornered and he was ready to attack. I held Amara close to me and closed my eyes forcefully. But, nothing came. I looked to see Goofy in his shell and between us and the shark. He champed down on Goof's hard shell and broke his teeth. The shark swam away as fast as it came.

"Thanks, Goofy." I said and Amara nuzzled his cheek as a thank you.

"Gwarsh, it was nothing, your highness. You and Amara are my friends. I wasn't going to let that mean ol' shark hurt ya." Goofy said. I hugged him; It's good to know he would go that far to protect me.

We arrived back at Ariel's grotto. I handed Sora the crystal and he put it in the outline on the wall. We waited to see if there would be a reaction.

"Ariel, you've disobeyed me again!" we all turned to see a very angry king. "I told you not to leave the palace!" he turned his attention to the crystal trident. His trident began to glow and he pointed at the crystal.

"Daddy, no!" Ariel cried but he ignored her and destroyed it. "How could you..." she swam out of the cave.

"Ariel!" I was about to swim after here when her dad stopped me.

"Young man, young lady, you're not from another ocean, you're from another world, aren't you?" He did know! "Then you must key bearers. And you, young lady, are the Princess of Memory!"

I frowned, "How did you know?"

"You may fool Ariel, but you can't fool me. Neither of you know your dorsal fin from your tail."

"With all do respect, sir, but I happen to know what it-" I started but was interrupted.

"SILENCE!" He shouted with rage and we all straighten up, "As the Princess of Memory, you must know not to meddle in the affairs of other worlds."