Chapter 30: Not Your Fault

Chapter 30

Piri's POV

We neared the entrance and heard shouting.

"Kairi, hurry!" Goofy's voice called out.

"We can't just leave them behind!" Kai yelled.

"We can't stay here!" said Donald.

"Guys, the heartless is getting closer! I can sense it!" Amara said.

"Hey." I yelled and they all looked at me. "Don't forget about us!"

"Piri! Riku! Claire!" Amara beamed and Donald and Goofy readied their weapons.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's okay, guys! He's with us!" I told them, stepping in front of Riku. We walked to them.

"Piri saved him." Light bluntly said.

Riku looked at his hands, "Even after all I've done. I still don't understand why...?"

"It's because I love you!" I held his hands, "There's nothing that will change that."

"Piri..." he looked in to my eyes. I was picking up his emotions from them- it was a mixture of relief and happiness... but somewhere in that, I sensed sadness.

What snapped me out of Riku's gaze was Amara. she gasped, "Hold on..." she looked around.

"What's wrong, Mar?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"I sense a familiar darkness. Not Xehanort's but..." she gasped, "Sora!"

A single shadow heartless jumped into view. Donald started hitting it.

"Confounded heartless! Get lost, will you?" the duck asked.

"Wait, Donald!" he stopped and looked at Amara, who walked closer to the heartless. She slowly placed a hand on it's head and closed her eyes. She opened them after a few seconds and smiled. "I was right."

"Wait, Sora?" I asked and she nodded. She was tackled by another heartless.

"Amara!" Me and Riku yelled and ran to her. I killed the heartless and picked up Amara.

"Are you okay?" she nodded at this and I hugged her.

"Riku! Reese!" I heard Light yell and looked around. We were surrounded by heartless. Riku summon his Soul Eater and I cradled Amara to my chest, trying to protect her.

"Piri!" Donald and Goofy yelled and they and Light charged to help us.

"Sora!" I turned to see Kairi being covered by heartless.

"Kairi!" me and Riku yelled. There was a flash of light and I defended Amara, knowing it would hurt her. Once it dimmed, the heartless were destroyed and Sora had been restored to his human self.

"Kairi, thank you." Sora said.

"Sora!" we all cried. Sora turned his attention to me and Amara.