Grey

Chapter 16-

"Where did you find it?" Thor's loud voice bellowed in the room where the tesseract came from.

"Loki stole it. When Isabel left, she managed to get it back." Alexis explained. Thor took the cube, with a new piece of cloth on that wasn't Isabel's dress, and placed it lightly back in its holder. His big fingers surrounded the cube.

"Alright, you girls really need to stay out of trouble." He said his voice stern. They began walking out of the room.

"Yes father." Alexis said quietly. While the girls left, Thor placed a hand on Alexis's shoulder. 

"Please be careful. I dont want to loose you." He spoke in a low tone. Alexis just nodded and rushed off to catch up with her friends.

"Alright where are we going now?" Isabel asked.

"The library." Mila said walking at a fast pace.

When they reached the library, Mila began immidatly going aile to aile looking for a book. The library had an old musty book smell and there was shelves and shelves of books. Some parts stood in a circle and others were ailes. Few Asgardians were there, and especially not other kids. Alexis and Isabel stood waiting akwardly.

After some time of searching, Mila ran back to them.

"Got it!" They followed her to a table where she set the book down. It had a gold and silver rim and when she opened it, the pages shone with light. Mila flippped through the book, passing pictures that moved. One page, as she was flipping it, Alexis could see a creature with his hands out. Red substance was flowing above it, and the face of the creature looked like a mask. Mila moved on finally finding the page she was looking for.

"Here!" She jabbed her finger on the book and pointed to some writing. Then she read aloud. "From around the cold and darkness came the Frost Giants. Threatening to plunge the mortal world into a new ice age. But humanity would not face this threat alone. Asgard armies drove the Frost Giants back into the heart of their own world. The cost was great. In the end, their king fell. And the source of their power was taken from them. With the last great war ended, Asgard withdrew from the other worlds and returned home."

There was a pause between them, then Isabel spoke up. "So, there was some war, with some race called the frost giants." Mila ignored Isabel's question as she flipped the page. There, inbetween the pages was another page, as if someone had inserted it there. Mila picked it up with her small hand and looked it over. There was writing on one side. She read this aloud. 

"When Asgard forces were sweeping through the Frost Giants home, they found a child. Odin kept him and raised him. They named him-" Mila paused at the oncoming name. She turned around at the table and looked straight into Isabel's eyes.

"Loki."

Isabel gasped. There was another silence as Isabel stared at her arm. Mila continued. "Soon, he discovered the secret that he was a frost giant. Odin had kept Loki to hopefully one day bring peace to the two races.  Raged and felt like he didnt belong, Loki helped the Frost Giants attack Asgard. His father was weak, so Loki had to take over the throne for the time being while Thor was banished to Earth. Then, to prove to his father that he was a true king instead of his brother, Thor, Loki used the BiFrost to destroy the Frost Giants home, Jotunheim. Thor stopped Loki's madness and Loki had disapeared along with the Frost Giants." Mila finished and looked back up at Alexis and Isabel. 

"Then why is Loki here?" Alexis asked. Isabel stood just horrified at all the information she just heard.

"I guess they didnt update it that far." Mila said as she closed the book. "Well..." Mila said as she didnt have words as of what to do now. Alexis and Mila turned to Isabel.

"D-Does that mean I am a frost g-giant too?" she stuttered still looking at her hand.

"Maybe. Come on its getting late." Alexis said. She grabbed Isabel's arm and Mila followed close behind as they walked back to their own rooms.