Names of the Past

Chapter 12-

Isabel stared down at the floor. Daydreaming about her friends. They must be so worried. Isabel thought. And what about her Uncle?!? Her head shot up as the door handle to her room turned and the door opened. Her father stepped in the room and smiled.

"Hello Isabel." He said closing the door and sitting down on the bed. It sunk down with his weight. Isabel have him a weak smile and returned to thinking on the ground. She sat cross cross on the cold floor.

"What's wrong?" her father asked. His black sleek hair was like a wave with his green eyes like a jewel. Isabel looked up and sighed.

"I was just thinking about my friends. "

"Oh." Loki said. He looked away from his daughters slightly sorrowful eyes.

"Father?" she whispered.

"Yes?" Loki looked back up. Isabel hesitated before asking.

"Why is my name a midgardian name?" Loki froze where he was. He sat for a moment in thought before replying.

"When you were born, and picking your name, I wanted something normal. I was thinking Hildabrand. Your mother wanted something different. She wanted your name to be unique. After Thors daughter was born, they named her something midgardian, since her mother is from Midgard. Sigyn wanted to name you something like that, so we went with Isabella." He finished. Isabel watched intently at her fathers words. A small smile grew on her face.

"Ok." The full smile formed. Loki smiled at his daughters happy state. He loved her so much. Her sad was the death of him. Even though he was in the past working on his master plan and never really had time to be a father. But now that he had only a couple of steps left, he could finish it out and be there for his daughter.

"Dad?" Isabel snapped Loki out if his thoughts. suddenly, Isabel jumped up onto the bed and sat next to her father. "Can you do my hair?" she asked sweetly. Loki grew a confused and 'you're crazy' face. In return, Isabel grew puppy dog eyes and pleaded.

"Ummm. I don't know if I can-"

"Please!!!!!!!!!!!" Isabel turned around so her black hair was facing her father.

Loki rolled his eyes. "Fine!" he stuck out his long fingers and began to fiddle and work mechanically around her hair. Once he got the hang of it, he twisted and braided the girls hair.

Once finished, he stopped and let go of the hair. Isabel reached back and felt her fathers work. He had created one big French braid leading down he back. Isabel flipped it so the braid was resting on her shoulder. She lit up at the sight of her hair and turned and smiled wide.

"Thanks dad. It's amazing!! you really are a pro!" he smiled at Isabel's words. She gently set her head down onto her fathers lap so her feet stuck out off the bed. He tensed at her unexpected actions, then relaxed when she was comfortable. He gently stroked her head as she closed her eyes.

This chapter was met to be one part but I decided to make it two parts. So the next chapter is also this chapter.