Alarm

Chapter 10

Alexis walked down the thick stairs followed by Mila. They were headed to the weird level in the castle. The halls echoed with each step of their small feet. Mila's bow illuminated yellow as a small light for them to see. Alexis clenched her hammer nervously, the sweat of her palms making it slip. The air was cold and musty as the children made their way down the tunnel. A little scared, Mila spoke up.

"Man, I hope this is the place and we find her and get out of here!"

"Yeah!"' Alexis agreed. Their voice echoed along with their steps. They approached the end of the stairs leading to an open area with doors along the walls. A few mysterious characters lingered around the doors. It was defiantly no place for a kid. Weapons aligned the walls and small tables sat in corners of the room. People sat at the tables, looking like they had too much to drink (considering there was a bottle in their hands). Stares immediately shot towards Alexis and Mila as they stopped. The room had a few murmurs in between here and there. It was dark except for candles on the tables. Most people in the room were men, and a couple women stood in a corner. The smell of drinks and tension filled the room. The girls started to back away.

"Now I can see why this place is an unknown layer." Mila whispered leaning to Alexis.

"She can't be here! Lets go!" Alexis whispered back. they turned and ran before any of those people had any ideas.

Rushing up the stairs, they finally arrived back to the main level. Mila sat down in exhaustion along with Alexis's panting. She finally managed to speak.

"We are not going back there!" Fast breaths entered and exited her lungs.

"Agreed." Mila nodded and laid on the shiny floor, her outfit draping around her like an angel. As they thought about leaving, a guard rushed over to them. Uh oh, we are defiantly in trouble! Alexis thought. The guard stopped in font of them as said in his deep voice.

"Thor wants you, come with me." He turned around and headed through the light halls as the girls followed. What could Dad want? Did they have news on Isabel? Are we in trouble for going down there?!? Alexis's mind raced as they turned a corner in to another hall. The castle was big, and it took them quite a while to get to their destination, all the while the guard not looking back. They turned to a room, Alexis noticed had a big interesting lock.

The room was big and had lots of interesting trinkets and nick knacks. Some glowed when Alexis and Mila passed by, and others were locked in chests or containers. The room also had tons of Asgurdian people talking nervously to others. The guard stopped and turned to reveal Thor talking to Sif and lots of other guards. Thor looked so worried. When he saw the girls, he quickly turned from his group and rushed over to them.

"Father, what's going on?" Alexis asked, her eyebrows furrowed. Thor sighed and pointed to the back of the room where a large group of people surrounded a wall. Alexis and Mila pushed their way to the wall. When the people moved, Alexis could see the wall had an indent in the wall the shape of a square. The hole looked as if it once held something. A cube maybe. Suddenly it all clicked. The item was stolen. She turned to her father.

"What was there father?!" Alexis asked pointing to the hole. She had already had an idea on what was missing but just wanted to be sure. Her heart rate sped up as her father spoke.

"The tesseract."

OOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!! Hope you guys like! Interesting right! Please leave a comment and vote. I love this book so much. Fun Fact: if you didn't already know this, 3 people right this book. only Isabel types it. My friends from school input ideas and sometimes write the chapters. So, yeah. Please enjoy. Also, SHOUTOUT TIME!! This shout out goes to Funkymonkey2132. I she is my sister's friend and also a good friend of mine. She joined when i asked her to, so YAY FUNKYMONKEY! Its  fun to shout out. Yay! alright, cya in the next chapter!