Chapter 8 - The snow globe

Young Jimin is so cute!!

**

“Park Jimin! Do you have no concern for our feelings? Our future? Your future?!”

Jimin’s father raised his voice at him while Jimin stood in attention, but his eyes on the ground. His father infront of him, on the edge of his seat in the well-furnished office room in their house.

“Do you know how much I pay for each of these classes? Not to mention your tutors?” his father said glaring at him. He did not utter a single word.

“I give you everything you want! Gadgets, clothes, money! Can’t you make me a little happy?”

“It’s just a rebellious stage. He’ll grow out of it,” his mother said as she walked in, all dressed up in expensive clothes and accessories.

”Come on! If we don’t leave now, we’ll be late!” she added waving her hand towards the door.

His father stood up and said as he fixed his suit,” If I hear one more complaint, I’m sending you to military school.”

“Bye Jimin,” his mother said as she followed her husband out of the room in high heels.

Jimin ran to his room as soon as he heard their car leave. He slammed the door shut and looked around. A tiny snow globe caught his eye. He aggressively grabbed it and threw it aimlessly. Shards of glass spread on the floor. Glitter and water wet the carpet.

The broken piece held a teddy bear in front of the Eiffel Tower. Jimin remembered the day his father bought him that snow globe. That was the last vacation he was genuinely happy, before everything changed.

‘Bye Jimin’
‘-Jimin’
‘JIMIN’

His mother’s words kept repeating in his head.

‘Jimin-ah’ that’s what she used to call him. To remind him of his responsibilities, to make him feel more like a grown up, now they call him ‘Jimin’ or even ‘Park Jimin’ sometimes.

Jimin was an only child. It was when a colleague’s only son passed away that Mr. Park realised that Jimin was the sole heir to his company.

Unfortunately for Jimin that meant end of childhood. Then began a series of extra classes in various languages, sports, activities, formal dinners and school subjects to turn him into a perfect gentleman.

Initially he tried his best. But soon he realised he couldn’t live up to his parent’s expectations. He tried very hard. He tried talking to them.

But they just brushed it off as his laziness. The pressure was too much for a seven year old. He understood his parents. And yet he couldn’t. But he was only seven, they weren’t. That was when he started hating them for not understanding him. For taking away his happiness, his childhood.

At this point he would gladly go to military school. The thought of being anywhere but his house gave him peace. Everything that reminded him of his house, aggravated him.

That’s when he started skipping classes. He would simply walk around the town for hours.

He went to places he hadn’t even heard of, talked to people he ‘wasn’t supposed to’, did things a good boy shouldn’t normally do.

That’s how he found the Bowl one fine day. He saw the boys skateboarding, laughing, having fun and he wanted to join them.

He blend in easily because he loved making friends, though his chances were rare now. So he used whatever opportunity he got to the maximum.

The silent Jin hyung, Hoseok hyung who made everyone happy, badass Yoongi hyung, Taehyungie who made everyone laugh, Jungkookie who was too shy and the newest addition Namjoon hyung.

They never cared where he was from, his skills, his table manners. And he loved their happy faces. He couldn’t wait to get to the Bowl every day.

Those few hours were like a rain in his dry heart. The fire that kept his heart warm. Now even the thought of military school scared him.

He didn’t want to leave them. This was his home. They were his family now.