Chapter 2

They walked in silence for a while.

"So, where do you live?" Jimin asked Joon.

Joon was about to tell him the location. But then realised that he might have to invite Jimin home. And he didn't want to.

"It's far," he said, "but it's at a walkable distance", he added.

"And you?"

"I live at the 42nd street," Jimin replied. Joon nodded his eyes going wide.

Joon knew the 42nd street. Only the rich lived in all the 40s.

No wonder Jimin could afford the Skull board. Joon thought.

"Do you like skate boarding?" Joon asked Jimin.

"You have never really noticed me, have you?" Jimin looked at Joon and answered his question with another question. He then smiled and looked ahead and added,

"I'm really good. I'm one of the best," he said feeling proud of himself.

"You are easily noticeable though. You are the tallest there. And a loner might I add," Jimin continued.

"Yeah. I come around this area only to go to the Bowl. Even my school is the other way," Joon said calmly even though he didn't like that this boy called him a loner. It was true but he didn't want to hear it.

School is the other way? That must mean he is from the 90s streets. That's not a very good neighbourhood. Jimin thought. His parents had asked him to stay away from people from that area.

When they reached the Bowl there were just a few kids there. The Bowl was at the far east of the town. It was called so because it looked like a giant concrete Bowl. It was built a long time ago and no one knew what it was used for. Now the kids in town use it for skate boarding.

"Hey guys!" Jimin waved at the others with the smile and ran to them. Joon followed slowly. They waved back. They were all lazily sitting on the steps that surrounded the Bowl that might've been built for the audience to sit and watch whatever was being performed.

"This is Joon," Jimin pointed at Joon.

"Hey!"

"Hi"

Joon replied to their greetings with a slight nod. He still wasn't sure about this. He had seen them all but hadn't really noticed their faces. All he saw was how they enjoyed each other's company.

One by one they introduced themselves.

"Hoseok," a boy at the nearest step gave a nod.

"Yoongi," the pale boy sitting beside him said looking completely disinterested.

"Taehyung," a thin boy sitting at one of the back steps said with a smile.

"Jungkook," an even smaller boy sitting beside Taehyung said his name.

"There is one more of us," Jimin added,

"Jin hyung. He hasn't come yet. He has classes today I guess."

Joon nodded.

"Do you like skateboarding?" Yoongi asked Joon suddenly.

"Yeah I do," Joon replied with a nod.

"I think have seen you here before," Hoseok said his forehead showing lines as he tried to concentrate.

"Yeah me too. He always stands there, watching," Jungkook added pointing to the opposite side where Joon normally spend time beside the entry to the Bowl.

Just then another boy walked in. He wore glasses, loose clothes and a backpack over his shoulders.

"That's Jin hyung," Jungkook said from the back.

They introduced Jin to Joon.

From that day, Joon had one more reason to come to the Bowl.