•Chapter 9•

5 years after the Dunkirk evacuation

Anne left her house hand in hand with Peter, her now husband, to go and celebrate the end of the war. Street parties were taking place all around the country and Anne couldn't be happier.

Anne had been a nurse until the end of the war and knowing that she had helped save a lot of soldiers made her feel much better about herself.

After Dunkirk, Peter and Anne had sent letters back and forth slowly becoming great friends and then becoming a couple. After 2 years of dating, Peter proposed in 1944. Of course Anne said yes. They then got married in June 1945 which ended up only being a few months before the war ended.

Anne's stomach was swollen slightly from the baby she had found out she was having only a few weeks ago. Her and Peter were over the moon as both of them wanted to start a family one day.

The streets were covered in red, blue and white streamers and balloons that made the street look very festive. Tables full on delicious food filled the street.

Children played all around the street and the adults laughed and joked.

"What are you going to do now?" Peter asked Anne as they sat down opposite Mr And Mrs Dawson at the table.
"Hmmm..." Anne thought to herself. She hadn't really been thinking about life after the war. "Obviously start a family with you, but maybe I'll work as a nurse in a hospital."
They smiled sweetly at each other.

"What about you?" Anne said, before taking a sip of her drink.
"I'm not quite sure yet..." Peter said, thinking to himself. "As long as I'm with you, it doesn't matter if I don't know."

They both smiled to know that the war was over, and they knew that they would be safe and happy.

~~~~~

Oh my god, I absolutely loved writing this book! I hope you all enjoyed it too! I usually get writers block when writing things like this but I actually always had inspiration to write this book. I'll definitely be working on some more books now. Thank you all for reading it!