21

"The dinner"
After our shower Veronica went back home to get dressed for our dinner. What she didn't know was that at this dinner I was planning to propose to her. She deserved candles and special treatments. She deserved chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne. She deserved the world, and I was planning on giving her it. I was planning on making her the happiest and luckiest woman alive. But first I have to propose. Or I don't have to but I want to. I was going to take her to this fancy restaurant then right when we had gotten our drinks I would, instead of proposing a toast, just propose. As long as everything went like I wanted it to, like it had this far, we would be fine. When she came back to my house she looked so beautiful. She always wore dark colored clothes. Don't get me wrong, she looked amazing in dark clothes, but I would love her to wear more color. And that she did today, she wore a tight light red dress that I've never seen before. She looked amazing. Her hair was out like always and she wore a minimal amount of makeup. On her feet she wore a pair of black heals. I stood there and stared at her as she took her coat of and walked over to me.
"You're staring"
"I'm ehm not staring"
"Yes you are"
"Well if I was it would only be because you're so beautiful"
"Hhm"
I leaned down and gave her a quick but also passionate peck on her lips before grabbing her and mine coat and giving her it.
"Lets go beautiful girl"
We hopped inside my truck and drove to the restaurant.
When we got there we walked inside hand in hand.
"Hello, we have a reservation for two in the name Andrews"
"Yes your table is right over here sir"
We sat down at the table and we had the most beautiful view. The table was by the window and outside they had this beautiful lit up garden.
"Wow Archie, it's so pretty here"
"Not as pretty as you"
She looked up and smiled at me as we locked eyes. We sat there and just stared at each other for a little while before she broke it.
"So, what do you want Archie?"
"I'm not sure, you?"
"I don't know"
I don't know why but it felt do awkward. It was like we were 15 and on our first awkward date. And at the same time I was sweating really much, I was so nervous. We ordered our food and drinks and it didn't take long until we got our drinks. She was about to take her first sip when I interrupted her.
"Wait, I want to propose a toast"
"Why?"
"For us. A toast for us"
I discreetly took the ring out of my pocket and held it in my hand.
"Well Ronnie, here's to us"
Instead of picking up my glass I opened the ring box and held it infront of her. She looked at it with happy eyes.
"Oh my god, Archiekins..."
"Veronica Cecilia Lodge, will you do me the honor of being my wife?"
She looked at me with a look that wasn't positive at all. It looked like she was going to say no.
"Archie..."