12

"The accident"
I ran to the Pembroke. My dad had the truck so it was either that or waiting for the bus for another 20 minutes, and I didn't have time for that. The first thing I saw when I got there was Veronica's parents crying.
"What the hell happened"
"There was a truck that drove right into the side of her car" It was Hiram who answered, Hermione couldn't talk. She was crying to much.
"Is she going to be okay?"
"We don't know Archie, she's not stable yet so they don't know"
"Well why are we still here and not at the hospital with her?"
"Cause, Archie, we will do no good there"
"Are you kidding with me, she needs us"
"No Archie she doesn't. She's not even awake yet"
I didn't care about what he said, I needed to see her. I excused myself and left to go to the hospital.
When I got there I asked the nurse about Veronica and she said that she was in surgery but I could wait in the waiting room. I sat there for what felt like days when the surgeon finally came.
"Where's Veronica, is she.. is she alive?"
"I'm sorry who are you?"
"Her boyfriend"
"I'm sorry but I can only tell her parents or closest family about what's going on"
"What if I call them and ask them to come?"
"Then I can tell all of you"
I called her parents and they got there immediately. The surgeon told us all that Veronica was alive but she had had a lot of internal bleedings but she was now stable. But she was in a coma, when she was going to wake up no one knew. The doctor also said that her parents could either choose to let her stay in a coma until she wakes up, if she ever would wake up. Or they could let her go, now or later. I looked at them with fear in my eyes. They sighed and then told the doctor that they wanted to wait, maybe she would wake up one day. I breathed out and sat down.
"When can we see her?"
"Now if you want to, but not all of you"
I looked at her parents and they nodded so I followed the doctor to her room. She laid there looking pale and small. I mean smaller than she was of course. I sat down and took her hand.
"Hey Ronnie"