Dustin X Female!reader [II]

"Hey you're not supposed to do that" Will complained to Mike as he switched the scenery mid battle.

"I can do as I please, besides since Y/n joined Its better for you guys" He defended nodding over to a sleepy Y/n eying the board and her paper.

She had joined the campaign a while ago after she woke up, still not addressing the new boy that had came when she was asleep.

Dustin was too into the game to say anything as a big monster was trying to tear his head off in that moment. Speaking of which.

"The monster now retreats with the stolen bow and the group leaves the dungeon only to be met with more guards" Mike explains.

"Well, Will still has his badge. Can we use it to get away without having to attack?" Lucas imputs but Mile shakes his head.

"It would work theyd see that is fake, and its also Y/n's turn"

"What would happen if i attack?"

"If you roll a 8 or over you defeat the group but it deducts 5 points of trust with your in-game companions. Roll under that, you guys get arrested."

"Ah thats bullshit" Dustin explained catching Y/ns attention. Dustin then turned to Y/n.

"Dont attack them, just let them take us. I can pick the lock" he explained showing her the item card. Y/n shook her head.

"I've killed a man before and im not afraid to do it again". Dustins eyes went wide as Y/n continued to argue with Lucas.

He felt a burning sensation on his arm where the words sit, he looks down and sees that its glowing. The words slowly turn gold letter by letter as Dustins mouth lays agape.

His eyes travel back up to y/n.

Nothing.

No wince.

No glowing.

No shocked face.

No soulmate.

Dustin was confused. Y/n had said the exact words on his skin- they turned golden. Why wasn't anything happening to Y/n?

________________________________