For You - Newt Scamander x Reader

This one shot is about Newt Scamander from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy this.

I remembered the castle, the halls, the mountains. The trees of the forest and the Black Lake. The moving stairs and the talking portraits.

And I loved everything about that place. And I missed it so much.

United States were simply too different and I would have gladly stayed at Hogwarts if I could. When I finished my studies I couldn't leave that school, I tried to but I failed. That helped me deciding my future since when I graduated I didn't know yet what to do.

So I became a professor at Hogwarts. Astrology professor. That was what I loved. Escaping from my house's common room and meet outside with him. Avoid Pix and the other guards was difficult and a few times someone saw us but none and nothing would have stopped us from our common hobby.

We would sit and stare at the starts, he would talk about magical and fantastic creatures and I would talk about moons and constellations.

We loved enjoy each other's company.

And he was the only real reason why I accepted to leave.

At first I didn't even know where he went to, he simply left.

But then one day professor Dumbledore told me something interesting during a dinner at Hogwarts.

-Have you ever think about going to United States professor (l/n)?- Around he used to call me in a formal way but in other occasions he called me by my first name since I've been his student for all the seven years of school at Hogwarts.

-Never actually... Why?- I unserstood right away that he was trying to tell me something not directly.

-Well currently it isn't the best time to go there. A few days ago I talked to the Prime Minister and he told me that there has been an incident with some magical creatures - He was explaining me. I understood that he was talking about that him, Newt.

-Has everything solve out?- I asked trying to cover my worry.

-Yes, fortunately yes- He answered, probably notocing my worry.

-But... I think I should go there to make sure.... - I thought about a reason, an excuse.

-This would indeed be a great chance to visit United States and understand their way of relationing with muggles and other interesting things- He said before I could think about something. This cought me off guard.

-Exactly- I simply said.

-Then your travel will start tomorrow in the early morning. But as I said it's a delicate moment to go to United States so it would be better not to ise magic to go there, you'll use a boat. Is that okay with you?- I simply nodded.

When I arrived at my room I started packing things, including photos and books, making it look like normal muggle stuff.

Just before leaving the school a dubt pop up inside my head. Wait a second... United States are HUGE. How am I supposed to find him in a country so big??

Once again it was Dumbledore he clarified this.

-This boat will take you to New York, I think you should start looking for him there and probably it won't take too long- Finally he said the real thing we were talking about.

The travel was long and it took days, when I arrived to New York I was really tired but I couldn't ask for help. Plus I didn't even have a place where to stay for the night...

-Okay.. Let's go then- I said once out of the port.

As I said , United States were way too different and I really didn't think I could get used to it.

I walked around looking for any kind of magic. I brought with me both a muggle map and a magical one, that showed where I could find magicals shops and the Minister of Magic, the Macusa.

I looked in all the places that map showed but I didn't find him.

Then I spotted something familiar and I understoos why I couldn't find him anywhere.

I sat beside the suitcase, which of course was his suitcase (I could recognize it everywhere), and I waited.

It didn't take too long before it started opening by itself. Anyone else would have simply freak out. I giggled.

The surirpised one was him. Surprised of seeing me I think.

-What...?!- He tries to contain a yell.

-How can you Newt? I made this whole travel for you and this is the welcome I get?- I laughed a bit. He was still half inside the suitcase and he hurried to get up and hug me.

-I'm sorry... I just didn't expect it- He laughed as well, then he sat on the ground beside me -So why are you here?-

-I said it, I was looking for you- I repeated.

-But... Really?- I didn't understand why he couldn't believe me.

-Of course you're my one and only best friend in the world! And I have seen you since you had to leave school I missed you so so much!-

It was right. When he got expelled from Hogwarts... I was there the night he left and that was the last time I saw him.

-I heard that you messed aroud a little here-I giggled again.

-Well, yes... What about you?-

-I became astrology professor at Hogwarts- His surprised face made me laugh.

-Wow... Time is fast to pass..- He said with a hint of sadness -I still remember the last day we saw each other..- The imagine of him leaving Hogwarts flashed in front of my mind. But before something happened, something I always tried not to think about because it made me suffer, I thought it meant nothing to him, but evidently he didn't -About what happened before I left-

-You mean... The kiss?- I asked really quickly, he nodded with a red face -I... Really liked it...-

-I thought... I mean.... It looked like... You didn't.. Since you didn't kiss back, I thought you've hating me since then- At this his words I started laughing again.

-I could never hate you! I was simply surprised because I had been waiting for you to do that since the first year!- I couldn't see hw getting near to me that I felt his lips on mine for the second time in my life.

-Then I'll hope you understand why I've done this now, I love you- He said after the kiss -I missed you so much-

-I missed you too and I love you too- I replied only to kiss him right after.