John Shelby - 'The Fucking Cavalry'

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me" He calls out to you. "Could I have this dance?"

"Of course" Ada smiled and went to put her hand in his; but he quickly pulled it away.

"Oh, sorry mam." He shakes his head and looks to you. "I meant with her"

"Oh, well -" Ada stutters, feeling rather embarrassed at the situation.

"Dinner is served." You hear someone call out and you looked to the man, smiled and walked away with Ada - interlinked.

"That was so fucking awkward" She laughed and you burst into fits with her.

"God, don't tell John" You laugh, yet mean every word. "He already hates them enough, knowing that would be the cherry on a very messy cake."

You sat down and John began making a lot of noise; trying to be the loudest at the table. Rolling your eyes at the loud man, you turned your head and felt someone staring at you. It was him. Feeling uneasy, your hands dropped the glass on the table; shaking your head away to look at the mess you made.

"Shit" You muttered and John saw, helping you clean it up. As he wiped it away, he saw your shaking hands and began to be completely concerned.

"What's happened?" He questions. "What's wrong?"

"That man over there keeps staring at me" You muttered; still feeling uneasy. "He asked me to dance earlier and he creeps me out John. I have an off feeling about him."

John begins to speak, but was interrupted by Tommy coming to him and bending down.

"Someone is here, who wasn't invited" He whispered and Johns eyes went wild; getting more and more angrier by the second.

Shit. You thought in your head.

"Tommy, I know you said very specifically no fucking fighting." John growls as he knuckles go white. "But, I am going to fucking go crazy if you don't get me out of here."

You say nothing, as it is best to not in these situations; especially when John was angry or upset. He looked at you and pressed his lips on yours; making you feel reassured as Tommy dragged him away, bringing Arthur with him too. Turning to Ada and Polly, you shook your head and took a long sigh.

Later on that night, most of the men had disappeared and you had not seen John or the boys in ages. Talking to Ada and Polly, you start to get quite concerned; knowing something did not feel so right. Sipping on your glass of champagne with Polly and Ada, the three of you walk around the house; looking around each nook and cranny.

"It's a nice little house" You smiled as you ran your fingers along the wooden windowsill.

"Too posh, you know there a people starving and fucking cold? While people like Grace and Tommy -" She began but Polly cut her off.

"Fuck me, Ada Shut the fuck up with the same communist shite." Polly rolls her eyes and smokes her cigarette. The three of you walk around the corner; talking still but the sound of grunts and cheers come from outside.

"What's going on?" You ask as you look outside, seeing two men fighting.

"Fucking animals" Ada growled and you nodded your head.

"Where is Tommy and the lads to stop it?" Polly frowns as she watches; then seeing John as one of the men fighting.

"Fucking John" You snap and then sees the man who had been eying you up all night. "Fuck!"

You ran outside and was shortly followed by Ada and Polly. Running towards them, you were pulled back by Tommy who was just standing there and watching them.

"Tommy get off me!" You snap and Polly glares at him.

"No, he needs to let it out and besides, he's an imposter at the wedding" He snaps back and your body tenses up.

"Stop him now." You demand, gulping but standing your ground.

"Y/N..." He begins but you shake your head; interrupting him as he groans and tugs on his hair.

"Tommy fucking end it!" You yell and you see the man on the floor; blood pouring from his face that you can no longer identify him.

"Fuck" You year Ada whisper.

"You animal" You push Tommy off you. Going over to John and shoving him back from the near dead man.

"Y/N-" John stutters and you shake your head, stopping him from talking.

"Shut the fuck up" You snap and the others are shocked that you have spoken to John in such way - you had never done that before. "We are leaving."