Chapter 27 - "Help me."

NICOLE'S POV

            "Your future husband is one worry wart man, Mary," I say as we wait for our food at the hotel restaurant with the rest of our classmates.

            "He is a Prince, caring for his future queen. What do you expect?" She asks me while putting this proud expression on her face. "But seriously though, why he needs this many guards I don't know." She adds.

            She has a point. Not even Ava nor Rina are this worry wart before. They do let me do whatever I want without any protection. But then again, Mary is carrying the next future king or queen of Astor. She's important!

            "Are they or armed?" I ask.

            Mary shrugs her shoulders.

            Soon enough, our food comes, and the most annoying thing happens again.

One of the guards actually goes to our table and tastes the food for poison! Both Mary and I look at each other before the guard gives us his approval to eat! This is getting ridiculous.

            "I have a feeling that something is going on, but both of your wives and my future husband don't want us to know anything," Mary concludes.

            "Let's try to think about this trip rather than the whole situation right now, okay?" I try to change the subject.

            Our lecturer comes and explains to us about the fundamentals of arts and how it benefits everyone in many, many ways.

            Why does he have to lecture us now?

            "Today, we will go to a museum." The lecturer ends his lecture.  We are surprised when he's suddenly standing next to our table. "And I hope that these guards of yours will not interfere with our class session." He obviously is annoyed by this. Not just him, us too!

            Why do we need this many guards? I have no idea!

            "Well if you wish to file a complain, you have to file it with our Prince or the duchesses. We received an order to protect our ladies, and we will not leave their side because that's our order." Says one of the bulky looking guards when he realises our lecturer wants him to go. "If you have problems with how we do our job, this is the direct line to our superior. I'm sure you have a lot to say to the prince and the duchesses."

            This is the first time we have seen our lecturer being a pussy. "There's no need for that." He gives out such nervous laughter before facing us. "Why did you two have to find such influential spouses?!"

            We shrug our shoulders.

            Hold on a sec. Both Rina and Ava are in this, too? I thought Daniel was being himself by protecting his future queen. Why are those two in this, too?

            I reach for my phone and text in the group chat and ask for the purpose for all this. I wait, but none of them reply to me. Don't tell me they're too busy fucking each other to care about me. It doesn't take long for someone to reply to me after I thought of every possibility that might happen now.

            I read the text, and I receive such .... A pain in the ass reply from Ava.

            "Ava said she's just worried I might end up in trouble without any supervision. Obviously, she never trusted me to go on this trip in the first place!"

            This is .... annoying!

            Another text comes in, and this time, it's from Rina.