Chapter 20 - "Unexpected."

KATHARINA'S POV

"Did she agree to fulfil your wish?" Ava asks as she packs her stuff in the suitcase. I walk out from the closet and present her other clothes.

"She smiled and nodded. I took that as a yes." I reply while watching her continue to pack.

She hums before looking up at me. "Well, I don't mind if she says yes. It's just that you need to present yourself to her side of the family. They're not like our parents who agreed on a polygamous relationship easily. They're old minded kind of people who believe only one love does exist."

I sigh.

Oh yes. Them.

"When are you coming? Do you need me to do the whole ceremony, or will you be doing it yourself?"

Good question, but this is my decision. So, I want to prepare it myself.

"I'll do all the planning myself. All you have to do is find suitable clothes for her if that's all right."

Ava nods.

I knew I could rely on her. I smile. "Ummm .... where's Nicole?"

Ava points outside the door. "Kitchen I guess. You did ask her to bake the cookies."

Oh. I smile before I go to the door and make my way towards the kitchen where I notice she's looking into the oven. "Nicole?"

She turns around with a smile. "They're almost done. Don't worry. I made enough for you and you alone."

I laugh before I, too, look into the oven. The cookies seem delicious. I can't wait to have a taste.

"Ummm... Katharina."

She still insist on calling me by my full name huh.

"I told you that you can call me Rina. What's up?" I face her and wait.

She is having trouble telling me about whatever she wants to tell me.

"Were you serious when you asked me to walk down the aisle with you?"

Oh that. I nod. "Why should I be joking around about that? I am serious about it, and I want us to walk down the aisle like you did with Ava. I can take care of the university matter." I smile. She really needs to stop being such a worry wart.

"Honeymoon as well?" She blushes.

She's looking forward to that? Hmmm. Last time Ava took her to Santorini. Maybe I should be bringing her somewhere she's never gone to for our honeymoon. "Do you have any place you have in mind? If so, I can make it happen for you. Of course, we should treat it like a honeymoon. It's the only way to spend that holiday." I smile.

She sighs. "I don't know. Since I was born in a family with nothing but ourselves, I never think about something I can't afford. How about you decided everything and i just follow it like a good wife."

Did she just .... she finally said the W word!

"Hmmm. Really? You wouldn't mind at all?"

She shakes her head while smiling wide at me.

Not long after, the oven makes a sound, telling us that the cookies are done. Nicole takes the oven mitt before she opens the oven and pulls out the hot tray. Immediately, the sweet smell of chocolate invades my nostrils.