Chapter 9 - "Wait, what?!"

NICOLE'S POV

"Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours ...."

          I am just walking towards the kitchen when I hear Ava's voice singing in one of the rooms. When I tried to peek, she is looking at the bookshelf and searching for something.

          This girl can sing!  That's what I think when she repeats the same verse over and over again. There's a slight part of me wanting her to sing that to me, but ... it would be weird to suddenly demand those things right? She might think I'm such a weird woman.

          I slowly close the door again and continue to the kitchen. A group of maids greet me when they walk passed carrying a lot of clean sheets. I smile at them before I go to sit on the stool and  wait for my food.

          "Morning Lady Nicole." Greets the head maid. Is it just me, or did her breasts get even bigger when we were gone? What happened to her? Did her breasts go to a physical therapist or something?

          "Lady Nicole? Is something wrong?"

          I watch as her breasts jiggle while she tries to act innocent in front of me.

          "Nothing. I'm just thinking of how unlucky I am."

          She is weirded out but doesn't ask any further. "Anyway, Lady Nicole, did Lady Avalynn tell you about today's schedule?"

I shake my head as I enjoy my breakfast.

          "Since you agreed to announce your marriage to the press, you shall have a fitting after class today. She said her wife needs a beautiful dress to compliment her appearance."

          For real? She said that? I can't imagine her saying anything good about me.

          "Oh ... morning." I hear Ava's voice behind me. She takes a seat next to me before she rests her elbow on the counter. Her eyes lock onto me with a smile.

          "What?" I ask with my mouth full.

          She shakes her head. "Nothing. I just love to watch you eat. It's cute."

          I am about to retort when her phone starts to ring and  kills the mood.

          "Yes, hello?" She finally removes her gaze from me. "Yes." She replies into her phone.

          It seems like this is how we shall spend our morning today, huh? Work always comes first in her eyes I guess. Why do I have the feeling of being neglected? I sigh mentally while swallowing my food.

          "Your going back to the university today correct?" She hangs up before asking me that.

          I can only nod.

          "Do you want me to send you or what?"

          She's offering to send me huh? Maybe I should accept the offer. This shall be the time for us to bond and get to know each other. "Nah. It's fine. I can ask the driver to send me. You seem busy." Curse my mouth for saying no! I want you to send me!!

"Are you sure?" She asks.

          No! I want you!

          "Yes I'm sure." Ugh! Mouth! Shut up!