Chapter 12 - "Unfortunate Day."

AVALYNN'S POV

          "Fiona ..."

          She ignores me as she walks down the hallway. What's her problem now?

          "FIONA!"

          She finally turns her head to me, but somehow, I can feel the hostility. "What do you want? I thought you pushed me away for that wife of yours."

          That's how she wants to play?

          "My personal life doesn't have anything to do with our professional life. I want to discuss your recent behaviour with a magazine cover shoot. You've been quite rude with everyone lately."

          She sighs. "So what? Why do you care?"

          "I care because you're representing my company ... my reputation. If you screw up, the company will suffer its losses. Come here and let's discuss your actions." I open the door wide enough for her.

          She goes inside without saying another word. When I close the door, she takes a seat in the chair behind my desk instead of the chair provided for the guests.

          "That's my chair."

          She ignores me while spinning the chair like a maniac. It's my own fault for I never taught her how to respect others. I'd been spoiling her before I met Nicole.  Now .... she's been acting  in such a rebellious way. I sigh.

          "Hey Ava ... what do you see in that average looking woman? When it comes to beauty, I am exceptional ... body figure, I am more bodacious .... the only thing that she's capable of is the brain but  .... I have my own degree as well. What do you see in her? Tell me."

          We're talking about this now?

          "I see my future with her."

          Her face changes. "Future? Then why did you lead me on? Why did you give me all those gifts ... all those trips we had, the fun times, you even bought me a house!" She just loses it.

          "I did all of those things for my friend."

          Her mouth is moving, but no words come out of it. "Friends ... You know I love you... why did you have to choose that wench over me!"

          Yup, she finally lost it. I sigh.

          "Fiona, please ... this is not what I want to talk about."

          She slams her hands on my desk before she comes on and forcefully kisses me on the lips.

          The familiar feeling comes rushing towards me once again. I push her away as all the important papers scatter everywhere on the floor. "That's not an acceptable behaviour Fiona." I wipe my lips as she cries on the desk.

          "So, my feelings are unacceptable in your eyes? That's harsh Ava." She wipes her tears.

          "Just forget about me. I have a wife now. You're a beautiful woman, you'll find somebody else to fill that hole in your chest." I sigh and let myself be professional again.  "Now, your behaviour ... I've received a lot of complaints about your actions. You will ruin your own image that you build yourself. What's wrong? Except for my marriage that is."

          She looks up with her tear stained cheeks. "Everything is crumbling down. Every single thing."

          Crumbling down? What does she mean by that?