Chapter 16 - "I am Katharina."

NICOLE'S POV (Bonus)

"Welcome home, Lady Avalynn, Lady Nicole." A group of maids greet us as we walk inside the massive home. Just how on earth do these maids even clean this house without complaining!

"Is Lady Katharina in?"

The maid who seems to be older than the rest nods. "She is. She arrived a few minutes before you did, and I saw her walking towards the library."

Ava thanks the maid and grabs onto my hand as she leads me towards Katharina's whereabouts.

Walking down the hallways of this massive house makes me wonder .... doesn't she feel scared or alone in this house? Just how rich did she claimed to be?

Ava comes to a halt when we come face to face with a door. She knocks before entering the room. I am hoping to see a figure sitting around the massive library, but the room is empty.

"Katharina?" Ava calls out.

"Ava? One moment please. I'm on the second floor." Is that literally a voice of an angel? It's really soothing. If she possesses such a beautiful voice like that, I wonder how she looks like. I hear the clicking sound of heels coming towards us. "I'm sorry for not picking you both up myself at the airport. I had a meeting with the senators." Once again, that voice.

I am searching for its owner until Ava points at the spiral staircase. My eyes have never seen someone so beautiful in my life before. Not even Ava can challenge her beauty. She's a goddess! Her wavy blonde hair seems to be moving elegantly as she walks down the stairs to meet us. She is smiling, and her deep blue eyes show how happy she is to see us. Was she really a human to begin with? There's no way someone this amazing can be a human, right? She looks like Audrey Hepburn with the way she dresses. I get it. She was attending a meeting, but damn, if she dresses like this every single day, no wonder Ava didn't even bother to divorce her. She's hot!

"Nicole, right?"

I nod because I can't find my own voice to speak.

She places the books she carried down on a table and goes to hug me as if we've known each other for years. I'm not expecting this kind of gesture at all. I was hoping she might slap me once or twice, but she doesn't. She welcomes me into her home with open arms. "How was your flight? Did Ava treat you good? If she didn't, just tell me, I'll give her a nice whip on the ass." She chuckles when she pulls away from me. Her sweet scent invades my nostrils, and I can't help but notice how perfect she looks as she stands next to with Ava. They kiss before embracing each other.

I can sense the love from both of them. Their love seems serious and all business while the love Ava gives me feels like protection and care. What am I even saying? How can I sense that by only watching them?

"Ava, darling. Do you mind if Nicole and I have a talk over tea alone? I'm sure you have to be somewhere right now, correct?" Katharina taps on her wrist watch.

Ava's eyes widen when she realises something. "Oh yes. I need to see my grandparents. Do you mind staying here with Katharina? Don't worry, she won't bite." Ava gives me a kiss on the lips before she leaves us alone.

She just kissed me in front of her! Oh God What if she's going to ping me in the face when Ava's not around? I need to get myself ready. When nothing happens, I just stand there feeling nervous now that I am alone with this magnificent human being.