Chapter 1: Inspiration

[The housing information in this fic is based off of BTS's most recent sleeping arrangements as new arrangements have not been exposed since their move to Hannam The Hill. This story is complete fiction and the author means no ill will upon the band in which this fanfiction is based. The author claims NO RIGHTS to ANY photos used in this story.]

Min Yoongi sat in front of the electric keyboard in his room, pressing the keys with his slender fingers. He can't consider the sounds coming out are those of beautiful music but off key pounds of his clear frustration. For weeks he's been working on this piece to hopefully add to the next mini album release, but nothing is coming. Everything he writes seems empty and repeatative. Everything he plays or mixes sounds completely askew from anything close to good. He was stuck.

"Damn it!" Yoongi shouts, slamming his hands down on the keys despite knowing how much he hates the sudden melodic racket it makes.

"Whoa, you okay?" A familiar voice asks from the door way.

Yoongi doesn't look back, he doesn't need to, "Ah, Jin-hyung. Sorry. I'm still stuck on that song. Didn't mean to make so much noise."

Kim Seokjin, the resident worldwide visuals of BTS, smiles brightly at him as he walks into their room and leans against the room divider. "Perhaps you need my handsome face to spark that fire in your brain. Beauty is inspiration they say."

Yoongi looks up at him through his bleached bangs, face emotionless, "Who says that?"

"Everyone who sees me," Jin replies. A comment followed by his high pitched inward laugh and reddened cheeks.

Yoongi smiles and stares at him for a few moments before looking away and shaking his head, "Nope, nothing. Guess you're not handsome enough."

Jin gasps lightly and feigns offense, still smiling, "It's the lighting."

Yoongi chuckles and shakes his head. He pushes back from the piano, rolling in the desk chair towards his black hoodie hanging in the closet. He stands and slips it over his head followed by a gray beanie. "I'm gonna go for a walk in the gardens," he says, sliding past Jin and heading down the hallway.

Jin follows, his voice loud as if to alert whoever else was in the dorm, "Oh my god, Suga is walking. Suga is walking! Suga-never-wants-to-move is going for a stroll!"

Yoongi laughs lightly as he slips on his shoes, holding the front door handle for balance. He turns back to Jin and flips him off while flashing a playful smirk before closing the dorm door behind him.

The sun was just beginning to set as Yoongi walked outside towards one of the complex's gardens. A cool breeze floats over his face in light wisps and he takes in deep breath, an effort to relax the tension in his shoulders. His dark eyes scanned around him, revelling in the beauty and peace of their new apartment complex. Yoongi still wasn't used to the quickly rising level of their success and struggled a bit to settle in to their new home. But he knew he'd be fine soon, he was living his dream.

"Suga~suga suga suuuga~" The sing song of another familiar voice broke into Yoongi's thoughts.

His eyes shift from the scenery to the bouncing figure of Jung Hoseok barrelling down the walkway towards him. Following behind are youngest member Jeon Jungkook and one half of the 95 liner duo Kim Taehyung. All three still seemed full of energy despite their hair and clothes being damp from sweat after hours of working on their new choreography routines.

Yoongi smiled and called back, "J-hoooooooooooooooope!"

Taehyung hops onto Jungkooks back, the youngest struggling a little to keep him balanced as they all finally catch up to each other.