"I'll have to quit school" I held my flat stomach as standing in front of my parent's tombstone.

"I don't want you to" Liam admitted.

"I'm going to be huge" I pointed out "You'll be embarrassed to be seen with me"

"Darling you underestimate me" he kissed my forehead "I promise you that I will be here no matter what...I will dance with you at prom or homecoming, no matter how huge you are"

"No problem" I lie as walking away from them.

***

"This is so extra" I chuckle as holding a glass of champagne.

The high-end champagne sits in the very expensive champagne glass, on a large table reserved for champagne and strawberries.

"We didn't do too bad did we?" Thomas smiles as we stand beside the champagne table as we search our surroundings.

We stood in a ballroom with upper-class humans who allow minors to drink. Everyone wears clothing that is appropriate for the occasion and no one treated anyone like children.

"Could you imagine if I told you three years ago that one day we'll be standing in a ballroom sipping champagne at an upper-class event" I smile at Thomas.

"If you said that to me three years ago I would have responded with...so you're talking to me now?" He smirks.

I chuckle.

Three years ago I hated Liam's twin brother. I thought that he was an arrogant asshole who couldn't care less about anyone. I was wrong. Very very wrong.

We did go to an upper-class event together once. Three years ago. Thomas was being a dick and Liam had to save me from him. God how things have changed.

"We really have come along way haven't we?" I half smile as looking into Thomas's eyes.

It's rare that Thomas and I have nice moments. This is one of our nice moments, but I guess they've been happening a lot lately.

"Yeah we really have" he nods.

"Dance" Laura orders as approaching us.

"What?" I raise a brow as looking around the ballroom to find most people dancing.

"Find a partner and dance" she orders with her boyfriend on her arm.

I glare at Thomas. Suddenly Willow wraps her arms around him.

I'm so used to it being Thomas and me against the world. I forget that he has someone else to share all his adventures with now. I turn around to see Kyle standing in front of me.

"I-" I start as glaring viciously at Laura.

Nope. No way. There's absolutely no way I'm dancing with Kyle.

"Dance" Laura repeats as pushing us together.

"Hi" I greet him awkwardly.

It's been a while since Kyle and I had spoken civilly. He wanted to know all my secrets - every single dangerous one. People who know my secrets die in my world, hell even the oblivious ones still end up six feet under.

"The last time that we danced was at the dance marathon, remember?" Kyle breaks the ice.

"How could I forget?" I place my head on his shoulder as we dance.