SIX

Chapter 6: The surprise

-------------------------------------------------

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My eyes traced the voice, head still inclined at my waist. I saw a figure standing a few yards away.

The sun shined on him which was why he had his face hidden with his left hand while the other hand gripped on a book.

Dressed in a pair of white sneakers that had some black stripes on the sides, black trousers, white t-shirt and a black- white chequered shirt that completed his look.

He released his hand off his face and slipped his fingers into his pocket.

"Kenaz?"

He never ceases to amaze me.

He handed me the book which he had on his right hand.

"You don't check your bag before you leave for school, don't you?" he smirked and raised his eyebrows leaning his body towards me.

The only thing that I sensed was the scent of his body. His body scented fresh and sweet but at same time suited his macho physique. I didn't know what it was, might be the scent of the soap but definitely not cologne or any other perfume.

This time I acted cool, as possibly as I could. Though inside, the clumsy part of me was fighting hard to be out.

I turned my head sideways to avoid staring ahead.
He reciprocated and looked away grinning, straightening his body.

I took a breath of relief and quickly ran over the cover of the book.

"My math book?!" my voice croaked.

He glanced back at me, his face clouded with amusement.

He lured me with those beautiful eyes and we had a moment of mutual stare. When it came to him, there was nothing holding me back. His eyes bore into mine and I was tending to lose my thoughts.

Just then,the first bell rang and I was back under my breath.

"I got to go now, thanks for bringing it to me," I uttered lifting the book, blinking my eyes abnormally.

As I turned away in an awkward way, I heard him chuckle.
Embarrassed, I ran as fast as I could, not for the class but away from him.

I acted like a complete idiot!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N- Thank you for coming this far! I hope we'll meet again in the next chapter😊

Press that ⭐ below if you liked what you read.

Leave a comment or two if you want☺

Just don't stop supporting Kenaz and Mariah. They need you!

Thank you for reading my book ;)

Next chapter will be Kenaz's POV. So, stay tuned guys!