Chapter 8: Somebody to Love

Start from the beginning

"Okay, you have a point. You're too cheap to do that."

Singto narrowed his eyes at Godt disapprovingly. "Anyway, he woke up this morning, sleeping on top of me, naked."

"Just as I thought," Godt commented. "You're an uke."

"Did you just address me with a bad word?"

"No. Uke is the receiver," Godt enlightened but noticed that Singto was staring at him blankly. "He's the one who's on the bottom; the innie in a relationship."

Finally catching on, Singto scoffed. "For your information, I top."

"Someone is in denial." Godt chuckled.

"No, I'm not."

"Indeed, you're not...a top."

"Wait. What are we talking about here?" Singto questioned.

"Aren't you a confused little uke?"

"I'm not an uke. I...TOP."

"Sorry. That name has been taken by a KPop member from Big Bang."

Singto grumbled and rolled his eyes. "Never mind. I'm not going to waste energy arguing with you."

"Are you conserving energy for some fun time with Krist later tonight?" Godt wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"How are you even able to joke about such inappropriate things?"

"Why would it be inappropriate if you two love each other?" Godt shot back.

"Krist is a bunny," Singto reminded.

"Even if I believe what you're saying, and Krist really is a bunny; he's a human now. There's nothing wrong with loving him."

"Love?" Singto sniggered. "He has only been with me for two days. The only love I have is for a pet."

"You're not a believer of love at first sight, huh?"
"We live in the real world; not a fairytale."

"Yet, you try to convince me that Krist is, I mean, was once a bunny," Godt ridiculed.

"He was," Singto insisted.

"If you say so."

"I say so."

"Okay." Godt herded Krist over to Singto. "Go help him take a shower, while I clean up here. I'll put dinner out on the table by the time you're done."

"Alright." Singto took hold of Krist's hand and did as Godt suggested. Since Krist's new clothes were still drying in the dryer, Singto let the bunny wear his t-shirt and pajama pants. He dried the bunny's hair and told him to go sit down at the dining table. They had dinner and Krist got to eat his carrot cake afterward.

"Look at the way he's eating that cake." Godt wiped Krist's soiled lips with his thumb. "If I don't know better, I would probably think that he's a bunny."

"He is," Singto confirmed again. "Haven't you been listening to me?"

"I only listen to logical things."

"More like, you only listen to what you want to hear."

"If that's the case, I wouldn't be listening to you at all, since I don't want to hear anything you have to say."

"Why do I even put up with you?" Singto questioned.

"You love me," Godt uttered.

"I only love you, because you love me," Singto countered. "Plus, you feed me for free."

"Why is everything money to you?"

"Why is everything love to you?"

Singto's words earned him a disapproving look from Godt. "What would the world be without love?" he asked.

"You should know the answer to that."

"Oh?" Godt raised an inquisitive brow.

"Yeah." Singto nodded. "You're without love."

"I'm not without love," Godt denied.

"We've been friends for so long. I'm pretty much your family, so I don't count."

"You're not the only one I love."

"P'Tul doesn't count," Singto added. "He's also like a family member to you."

"It's not your cousin, P'Tul," Godt informed.

"Krist doesn't count. He's a bunny."

"It's not this cutie either." Godt petted Krist's head. "There's someone else."

"Is that so?" Singto wasn't convinced. "Who do you love? Invite him over for dinner. I want to meet him."

"Why do you assume that it's a guy?"

"I'm not assuming," Singto clarified. "I know."

"You're right," Godt admitted. "But, he hasn't appeared yet. I'm still searching for him."

"Geez! Talking to you is like being on a rollercoaster." Singto gathered the soiled dishes and took them to the kitchen.

Godt followed behind Singto and offered his assistance. "Need help washing the dishes?"

"No." Singto shook his head and started doing the dishes. "Go watch after Krist for me."

"Alright." Godt opened the refrigerator to grab some drinks and hurried out to do as he promised.

Singto dried his hands when he was done and went to join them in the living room. "Oh, my..."