Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine 

"Would you please do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" That's what he asked me. Just a moment ago. And I'm still frozen in my seat, staring at him with my jaw in my lap and my eyes bulging open.  Did Liam Payne seriously just ask me out?! Like to be his GIRLFRIEND?!  

I tried not to hyperventilate as I realized this was real. That I'm not dreaming this. I even pinched myself! And I'm still here. Wide awake. Staring at this incredibly gorgeous guy. 

Oh my gosh! I need to answer him! He's just sitting there, waiting! He probably wishes he didn't ask me now. Just give him a darn answer! Tell him yes! That you would love to be his girlfriend! So he can be your boyfriend!

"Y-yes." I stuttered. Liam smiled and pulled up at the apartment, looking over to sear his eyes into mine. He squeezed the hand he was already holding onto and leaned over to kiss me once.  My heart beated rapidly and butterflies fluttered in the pit of my stomach. This is our first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend. I'm so happy. There's no words to express what I was feeling.

"Who is this Mark guy?" He asked when he pulled away. I shrugged. It doesn't matter who Mark was. He was a jerk and I'm so glad that I ended things when I could. The last thing I want is to be in an abusive relationship. 

"No one." I whispered. Liam pulled back and gave me a look that said "I am not going to believe that bull crap." I gave him an innocent look. 

"When did you go out with him?" He asked. 

"During school. Just for about a month or two... Or the whole year..." Really, It felt like a month or two but it really was the whole year. The time I spent with his was terrible and I hated every moment of it. I don't know why I didn't end it when it began.

"So it was a serious relationship?" I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Why do you want to know?" He shrugged and leaned over to grab hold of my hair gently, rubbing my scalp in a comforting way. I closed my eyes and leaned my head into his hand. 

"I just want to know where he left you off." He whispered in my ear. I shivered at the warmth of his breath against my neck.

"Well, he wasn't a great boyfriend. At all. So you don't have to worry about impressing me." I ran my fingers along his jawline, peeling my eyes open to gaze at his cheek. Liam smiled slightly against my ear and then pulled back to stare intently at me. 

"Let's get inside. You owe me a dance." He winked and I groaned obnoxiously as I slid out of the car. Then I stomped like a little kid towards him. He smirked as he held a hand out to me. I grabbed hold, allowing him to take me to his apartment that he shares with Niall and Zayn. Hopefully they won't he there to see my horrific dancing. 

When we got to the apartment, I made him help me move the furniture so I didn't hurt myself, or the couch. Liam grabbed his gutar and began to play an upbeat tempo. I nodded my head for a moment, listening to how it went and then he began to sing. I stood froezen, captivated by his voice. My mouth fell open at how beatuiful he sounded. Soon, I noticed the song as Livin On A Prayer by Bon Jovi. 

The way his voice sounded sent chills down my spine and I was totally paralized by the sound of his voice. Then he stopped all together and sent me a glare. "Claire!!! You need to dance! What are you doing?" He growled. I burst out laughing at the looked on his face and placed a hand over my heart.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it. Your voice is just so beautiful!" I wiped tears away Liam sighed heavily and waited for me to calm down. When I was, he began playing again. This time, I danced along with the tempo.