18: Failsafe

After he walked out into the rain, James signaled for their jumpship to head over his way and transmatted into it. "This is Blackjack to Farm come in," He said over the radio.

"This is Hawthorne, reading you loud and clear." She replied on the other end. "How's the weather on Titan?"

"It's pretty ugly if you ask me, it's raining a lot." James remarked as he transmatted up into the ship's pilot seat. As he powered up the engines of the ship the Exo started to type in the GPS coordinates for the next planet in the ship's navigation system.

"Well, there's something that I want to tell you," Hawthorne said to him. "That speech you gave back there? Really changed people's attitudes, I gotta say, I think I got a little bit of respect for you,"

"Thank you, but you can save the praise for when we all get out of this mess," James replied taking the ship up into the atmosphere around the planet. As he lifted out above the blue world he started to think back to the old timeline that he had left. He wondered how they were doing now that Ikora had been killed. James spent roughly two whole years in that hell hole called the future. Or as Ikora called it, the New Golden Age. "What's so Golden about having an army that marched through the streets every day?" He thought to himself. A dictatorship that worked the same way as all the others, ruling through fear, and sacrificing personal freedom for the utmost security.

James now detested the very term of "Golden Age". Even thinking about it left a sour taste in his mouth. The Exo's helmet then linked up to the main operating system of the jumpship and activated the jump ship's drive engine. With the prototype vessel warping into the hole it cut in space, the Exo eased off the controls as Ghost transmatted out to talk with him.

"So, James, who are we going after next?" He asked looking at the navigation coordinates. "That's odd, I've never seen a planet at those coordinates before," He remarked staring at the blue computer to James' right.

"That's because it's a Centuar," James remarked. "Not a lot of people know about them, even many of the Warlocks don't know." He said pulling up a geographical holo map of the planet. Ghost floated up over his shoulder to get a look at the map, as he floated around the large spherical image.

"A Centaur?" He asked.

"Yes, a celestial body that had its orbit altered by coming close to the Gas Giants," James replied as Ghost orbited around the hologram.

"From what I'm understanding by the image that you've got here, this planets nothing more than a block of rock and..." Ghost said as they passed out of the jump portal and out into the other side. "Ice..." He said looking at the planet in front of them. While the image on the hologram suggested a frozen stone the size of the moon. What they were seeing was exactly the opposite. The world was a beautiful greenish blue ball, with specs of bright red all across its surface. With bright white lakes all around the planet speckling it like an ornament. And large stone structures jutted out from the surface and into the atmosphere.

"Wow...it's...it's beautiful..." Ghost remarked as James started taking the ship down to the surface. The Exo then transmatted down to the surface of the world as they passed and landed atop a pillar in the chasm of multiple stone structures. The Exo looked around for a moment and Ghost floated out next to him and hovered over his right shoulder.

"James...how did the people in the Golden Age know about this planet?" He asked looking around.

"They knew of it, but not what was on it," James said walking up to a tube structure that would bring him down to the surface level. Ghost then transmatted back inside of his guardian as they landed on the red grass that covered the planet.