9: Legion

Dominus Ghaul sat down on the chair of the throne in the Immortal watching as the cage continued filling in the space in between each of the rungs that wrapped around it. The Legion's commander looked out over the burning City in satisfaction, he would have waited a thousand more years for this moment. He placed his elbows up on the armrests, interlocking his hands and leaning back in the chair. "There's a beauty in all of this..." He whispered to himself as he rose up to look out toward the City that burned below. "Hear me, Traveler, there is no one here more worthy of your power than I." He spoke as the door to his chamber opened.

"Dominus," A Cabal spoke walking into his chamber. The Cabal soldier turned around to face the voice. Seeing the exposed face of his most trusted advisor walking into his command room. "The City is ours, and the Cage has begun its formation process. Once again...victory is yours," The older Cabal said to him. Ghaul looked at him for a moment as they both stared out the window of the command ship.

"This is as much your victory as it is mine, old friend," He said placing his arms behind his back and walking forward to look at the Traveler. "Though...there is something that troubles me." He said aloud.

"What may that be Dominus?" The Consul asked him.

"The machine...the one whose arm I tore off his body," He replied. "Unlike the rest of their soldiers, he attacked the Cage..." Ghaul replied looking back over to The Consul. "He knows something, if he knows about what the Cage can do, then he must also know about the Almighty. I want a search team scouring the streets, find his corpse and melt it down to scrap." He ordered.

"Dominus, I hardly believe that a depowered guardian could have survived a fall like that." He replied.

"I will not take any chances, as long as one of them knows of our plan, then that is a threat to this very operation!" He shouted. "I will not fail because I didn't squish a bug. Am I clear?"

"Yes...what more would a Dominus have?" He asked. Dominus nodded and walked up toward the center of the chamber, just in front of his throne, pressing a button on the front of his chair. "I will have a word with our guest." He replied as a slight fog from a chamber just ahead of his throne as the ceiling opened and a figure in a white cloak and a mask descended, bound in large metal shackles around his forearms and his shins. "So...Speaker...who is James-17," He thundered looking up to face his captive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameron waited on one of the logs surrounding the tent that their Russian friend had set up, with one of the Warbeasts cooking on the spit just above the flames. Her blue eyes stared blankly into the flame, the incident that had occurred only made her faith in the Traveler falter even more. Now, her mind was in so many different places, having her light gone only compounded the issues. She had to keep her kids safe, her husband was nowhere to be found, and they were on low supply of ammo.

"Do you know where William went David?" Cameron asked still keeping her focus on the fire.

"I think they're trying to get some of the survivors from the attacks to the Iron Temple, but, they're doing what they can to boost a signal." He replied poking the fire. David sighed looking at the flames. It reminded him of the Solar light that he had bonded with when he was younger. Krinia pulled David over and gave him a hug.

"Hey, don't worry, we'll figure this out..." She said doing her best to smile. Dimitri then sat down with portions of the Warbeast skinned and cooked, handing them to the group around the campsite. Dimitri sat down with Zorrin and tore into the meat with vigor. All of them soon started eating. The meat was tender and warm, it tasted quite good. Krinia took another bite before swallowing.