The way you say things

            It makes me feel dizzy,

            And wonderful and extraordinary.

            And that thing in my chest starts to beat like a jackhammer.

            You’re the only one, no else ever makes it do that

            So I wanna remember this moment.

I continued to write down the lyrics and I tried to perfect the music but it would be better in a studio where I would have access to things like a piano and drums but the guitar was serving the song well so far.

            You made me feel alive

            In a puddle of loneliness

            You make me smile

            When I’m frowning

I could fill a whole book about you

The way you laugh and say my name,

The feeling is euphoric,

The way you make me feel this way,

The way you’re everything

            The way you make me feel dizzy,

            And wonderful and extraordinary,

            And that thing in my chest starts to beat like a jackhammer,

            You’re the only one, no else makes it do that.

            So I hope you remember this moment.

I wrote down all the lyrics and then played the song start to finish, singing softly. The stars were my only audience and the ocean waves was my only applause. I tried the song with different high notes and harmonies so it would fit the music better and I only put my guitar down when I thought it was perfect.

            “Nice song,” someone said and I yelped and jumped a mile.

I turned around and saw Beth sitting on her balcony. My heart was racing from the scare and Beth smirked. “Got ya.”

            “How long have you been sitting there? Bloody hell you gave me a heart attack!”

            “I just heard the last few times you sung it. It sounds beautiful. It’s about Liam right?”

            “Obviously,” I said shamelessly.

            “Are you gonna sing it to him?” Beth questioned as she leaned on the rail of her balcony.

            “I don’t know. Maybe?” I said. I hadn’t really thought about that. I just wanted to write a song.

            “Well I think you should,” Beth said, “If my opinion counts for anything.”