One🔍

I came downstairs adjusting my tie as my wife Nadia was cooking breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and pecked her cheek. "Good morning."

"Good morning

"Good morning." She said with a smile.

I rubbed her belly, "How's my little man doing?"

"Good, just a few more weeks and he'll be in our arms. Oh Kenny I can't wait!"

"Same here."

"Are you joining us for breakfast?"

"Umm...not today. I'm 15 minutes behind but how about lunch?"

She nodded, "Cool."

"Okay the squad car is outside and Officer Reyes will be here all day. Take it easy today." I said as she sighed.

"Just make sure you catch this guy so I can stop looking over my shoulder."

"I will."

"Don't forget your keys."

"Thanks. See you later. I love you." I said pecking her lips.

"Love you too."

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

I hopped in my car and drove to the station. As soon as I walked in the door my new partner Janet who I refer to as JJ came up to me.

 As soon as I walked in the door my new partner Janet who I refer to as JJ came up to me

"Kenny, I found out what kind of gun was used on Ricky." She said speed-walking behind me.

"Cool just put the file on my desk."

She stepped in my path making me stop in my tracks, "Look, I know I'm a rookie and you feel like I just came all up in your space but we're partners now." She said.

"So?"

"So, that means we need to work together. I know you were comfortable with Ricky but he's gone now. I'm here and I want to be treated as your partner not your assistant. Just because I don't have a penis doesn't mean I can't do my job."

She breathed nervously after as I looked at her.

"How many times did you practice that speech in the mirror?" I asked.

"Just 4." She said.

I chuckled, "Fine, you're right."

"I am?- I mean, yeah! Damn right I am!"

"Come on rookie lets look at these files...together." I said. I have been giving her a hard time all week. It's just hard adjusting to someone new when you're used to the old. She smiled brightly following me to my desk.

We went over all the details but it still didn't tell us who the killer was or where the gun came from, but I'm still hopeful. Work went by pretty fast and soon enough I was on my way out the door.

I hopped in my car again drove to my next destination which wasn't too far away from the station. I didn't bother knocking I just went right in. I walked around until I found the person I was looking for.

My kryptonite was sitting on the bed in Black lingerie smoking a blunt.

"Sup Blaze." I said startling her.

She walked over to me with an evident attitude, "What the hell Ken? I could've had a man in here...or my husband." She said.

"I checked with your little guards he's away on business...besides, you know I'm strapped." I said sitting my gun on the table.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, "Well Detective, it wouldn't hurt to knock a few times."

"Maybe."

She mocked me as she kissed my lips. I gripped her waist deepening the kiss as I backed her into the bed. She sat down biting her lip as I unbuttoned my shirt. I pulled it off before she got ahold to my belt buckle.

Once our clothes were off positioned myself between her legs and slipped inside of her.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Two hours later I sat up in bed thinking about Ricky. Who could have done this? Blaze sat up after lighting another blunt. I swear I'm getting a contact high.

"What's on your mind?" She asked massaging my shoulders.

"Nothing much."

"Is this about your partner?"

"Yeah- Wait, how do you know Ricky?"

She shrugged, "The streets talk."

"You know who did it?"

"No, but if I hear something...I'll send someone to let you know."

I chuckled inwardly. Blaze did not like cops. She thinks they're all corrupt. Yet she's been sneaking around with me for over a year.

"Relax Ken. Here, let me help you, lay down." She said bringing me out of my thoughts.

I did as she said and laid back. She put the blunt in my mouth and got on top of me. Just as I blew the smoke out, she slid down and took me into her mouth. I moaned resting my head on my hand as she continued to help ease my mind.

When that session was over I started getting dressed.

She laid there watching my every move, "Tell your wife I said hey."

I glared at her, "Very funny."

"Who said I was kidding?"

I kissed her lips, "I'll see you later."

"Bye babyface." She said with that sexy ass smirk.

" She said with that sexy ass smirk

This woman...If I didn't have to get home I would go another round. I quickly said bye and left before I changed my mind.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

"Hey, your just in time for- Good god! You smell like a weed refinery." Nadia said.

"I'm sorry. I had to question some guys and that were smoking. It must've gotten in my clothes. I'll go shower." I lied.

"Ok, and when you're done dinner will be ready."

"Cool."

I took a shower and washed the day off. Afterwards I looked out of our bedroom window. The squad car was still there. I called Reyes and told him to go home. I'm here now and I can protect my family and myself on my own. After his car drove away I went downstairs and ate dinner with my wife.